gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Getting Spiffy

I finally, after almost 2 months, got my photos set up and ready to go on my new computer. Which means I can no longer use that as an excuse for not blogging. So... where were we. Yes... there was Christmas and Sean and Aaron turned a year old. However, the big birthday bash had not happened yet. Before it did happen, Greg and I thought Sean and Aaron could get a little more spiffy and have their first hair cuts.

It has always made me mad that we missed out on Marcus's first hair cut. We had visited him in Guatemala and he had so much hair at 5.5 months old, that it looked like he was wearing a wig. A few weeks after that visit we got some photos of him and he had received a buzz cut. I was so angry. It was just a couple weeks after that that we adopted him and his short hair. I was so livid that I missed that "first" with him that we ended up waiting far too long before we took Will to get his first hair cut. Of course now I realize that it was just hair and it grew and I am really tired of having to cut it so often at this point. Will's hair was out of control by the time we got it cut. (Just did a quick search for a blog post about Will getting his hair cut with no luck.) So third time around, we decided to be more reasonable about hair cuts for Sean and Aaron. They were looking a bit shaggy and we wanted them presentable for their big birthday party, so a hair cut was in order.

I attempted to get a "before" photo of these guys but they weren't interested. Aaron doesn't have much hair but it was starting to cover his ears. Sean's hair was down over his eyes.



A friend of my mom's (who is a friend of mine but since she is my mom's age, she is primarily my mom's friend) said she would go along with me to the hair appointment. As usual, the logistics with twins is complicated. My mom was at home with my big kids. Greg was at work. And I couldn't figure out how I was going to hold one baby while he got a hair cut while simultaneously entertaining a second baby. So the friend came along. The lady that cuts my hair has a studio connected to her house. She also has 5 year old twin girls. The entire family - husband and twin girls - ended up coming in to watch the first hair cut take place. All those extra people meant that not only did I have a someone who could hold the baby who was not getting a hair cut, but also there was someone around to take photos!

I'll spare you all the photos, but here are two. And I am happy to report that no one even cried. Not even me.



Here is the part where I would include the "after" photos if I had taken them. Trying to get "before" photos was so unsuccessful that I didn't even bother with the "after" photos.

I was sent home with a few snippets of each baby's hair. At which point I ran into a problem. What am I supposed to do with them? I don't have a baby book for any of my kids. The closest thing I have is this blog. And I can't really go taping a few strands of hair to my blog. Oh... the crazy problems us people in 2012 have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home