gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Naps

Among the many things that have changed in my parenting style as our family grew from one kid to four, is how I handle naps. When there were two kiddos in this house, I knew exactly what time nap was. I didn't care where we were or what we were doing or even if Marcus and Will were tired, when it was time for nap those kids were going to nap.

Now there are four. Even if I wanted to be a nap nazi, it just couldn't happen. There is too much running from one place to another. Too much getting kids to school and to activities. Too many chances for little people to grab a quick snooze in the car. Too many chances for an scheduled nap at home to be cut short because we have to go pick one of the big kids up from somewhere.

So, napping happens when it happens. Which mostly just leads to any sort of sleep goodness with Sean and Aaron to be non-existent. And this happens with one or both little guys at least once a day.


I get Aaron and Sean up pretty early in the morning to try to get them ready to go before I have to focus on getting Marcus and Will out the door for school. Sean inherited his daddy's love of sleeping in, and also his ability to sleep just about anywhere.

Even Aaron thought this was ridiculous.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home