gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, April 07, 2006

Thank you!

I know awhile ago I did a little thank you to a few people, but I wanted to send out an even bigger thank you. Although I have never done it before, I imagine that raising a child takes effort from not only the parents, but from other family members, schools, friends... just about everyone. Adopting a child is no different. We need everyone's help and we are just overwhelmed with the outpouring of generosity.

We are still in the paperchase and we couldn't do it without you. I want to thank Abbie, Amanda and Kevin, Amy, Cara and Chris, Jody and Geoff, and Valerie with all their help getting out paperwork together. We also got some help from our doctor and the HR departments where we work. Thanks!

DeNese is our home study social worker and she has been great. She has answered my millions of questions quickly and thoroughly. She also has set up some great training and parenting opportunities that Greg and I are taking advantage of.

A big thank you to Heidi who is our case manager. She too has been quick and thorough to answer my millions of questions, no matter how stupid they seem to me! Good luck on your own pending adoption.

Thank you to all our friends and family who have donated to help cover the financial costs of bringing our child home. (If you want to donate, you can do so on by clicking the link the top left corner of this page.) We are planning a fundraising garage sale this summer that will also help us out. If anyone has any other ideas, let us know!

I want to thank everyone who has given us love, support and prayers, particularly my mom Jean, and Greg's mom Marge. You guys are just the sweetest and your kind words have really helped through all the frustration.

Mostly I want to thank Greg. I tell him everyday how much I love him but words can't ever express just how wonderful I think he is and how much he means to me. Based on how well he handles my whining and crying fits, I just know he is going to be a wonderful dad to our whining and crying child. I am sure I will be asking him for advice since he has spent more time reading about adoption and parenting issues than I have. I love you!

--Annie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home