gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I Have a Secret!!

Shh!! I have a secret!! It is a really big one too. I am dancing in my seat just thinking about it. I did a cartwheel in the parking lot of my office today in celebration (which resulted in some serious back pain) because I am just that excited. You want to know?? Well, the thing is, if I tell you, it really wouldn't be a secret anymore. Looks like you are out of luck for now.

As for the non-secret stuff, things are moving along wonderfully! We got all our paperwork back from being certified and authenticated. I love the fact that everything was certified on April 24th - my mom's birthday - and authenticated on April 25th - Greg and my 2 year wedding anniversary. The only thing that we had to left to do for our dossier was to finish our family photos. Greg set that up on Sunday night after we took a picture of us rockin' it out on our guitars (actually we aren't really even playing but the pictures wont tell). We needed to submit the original and a copy of everything to the agency and I took care of that on Monday. The woman I handed it over to from the agency smiled and congratulated me. Then I skipped down the stairs.

Unfortunately, we are still waiting for that pesky I-171H to show up. I stalk the mailbox everyday looking to see if it is in there. No luck so far. It has been a week and a half and USCIS claims it takes three. In the meantime it will give several people from our agency to review the other documents in our dossier, scanning for any errors we could correct now before it gets sent to Guatemala.

Apart from a few minor setbacks that seemed to have resolved themselves rather quickly, things have been moving along rather smoothly. It is almost scary. I keep waiting for the bottom to drop out. Something has to go wrong, doesn't it? I talked to Heidi, our case worker, for a long time on Sunday and asked her how the process in Guatemala has been moving. She told me just what I have been hearing - it is hit or miss. I will just keep praying that we are missed, or hit... whichever is the one that means things move along quickly and painlessly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home