gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I've Been Tagged

I don't know completely how this works apart from the fact that Amy tagged me and now I am supposed to respond and tag other people. Unfortunately, most of the bloggers I know IRL Amy also knows IRL and she already tagged them. So, I am not tagging anyone. Sorry! It is Amy's fault :)

So now I am supposed to type seven interesting things about me.

1 - I can't believe that I am putting this on the list, particularly that it is number one, but here it goes. I am totally a Type A personality. Absolutely everything I do in my life has some sort of system to it. I love lists and schedules and my life seriously would not work if I didn't abide by them. I even schedule spontaneity into my life. What we have for dinner each night is based on a system I created. What I am going to do after I write this blog is yet another system. The world is governed by rules and I will follow them to keep it all in harmony.

2 - I play the piano, and at one time was rather good at it. I used to be an incredible trumpet player too, was involved in more musical groups than I can remember, and generally was a band geek. I used to skip class in high school to go practice. Then I hit graduation and stopped it all.

3 - I am obsessed with rock 'n roll. I only listen to good stuff and if you like stuff I don't like then it must suck. I am opened minded but for the most part I either love a band and their music or I hate it. I live for going to live concerts. (Can people go to concerts that aren't live?)

4 - One of the greatest times of my life was spending 3 weeks one summer in college on the shore of middle-of-nowhere Virginia doing research. It was the first time I ever went somewhere that I knew no one and I had no security blankets. I was so nervous but decided I was just going to be myself and if people didn't like me, it was only for 3 weeks and then I would be home. I couldn't believe it but people really did like me and when the 3 weeks were over the last thing I wanted to do was go home. It really changed my whole perspective on myself and made me finally realize that all I ever really needed to be was myself.

5 - I love to write. It is truly a passion of mine, but only when I am feeling really passionate about it. It isn't something that I can force. It just comes to me sometimes and it is like I don't have a choice. I have been working on writing a book over the past several years. It is probably about 75% done although I haven't worked on it in quite awhile. I feel that passion rising though and have a feeling that very soon I will be pounding out one of the missing chapters... that is as soon as my systematic way of living schedules in some writing time.

6 - I am way more interested in reading than knitting. Sorry girls. I know I just let down all my knitting friends but I think deep down inside they knew that I had another interest. They are just such different activities. I prefer to knit with people and make it a social event. As far as reading goes, it is a solitary thing and something just for me and me alone. Sadly, I just don't have a whole lot of time for things for me and me alone anymore.

7 - I hate to shop. BORING!!! I really don't even get people who can just go and look around. If I am in need of something in particular then sure, I have my mission and I am ready to partake. There is no way that I can just aimlessly hit the mall and call it a good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home