gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Piggies!

Marcus has been much happier today than he was yesterday. So far I am not sick yet, just an itchy nose, so that is hopeful too. It probably just means that my cold is waiting to strike tomorrow when I go back to work so I can enjoy the full effect of the cold on a Monday.

Before I put Marcus down for a nap, we always sing songs together, songs with hand motions. Since going back to day care, he only naps here twice a week which means less singing of the songs. I noticed last week when I said that we were going to do the piggie rhyme that he seemed to reach for his feet. I figured it was just a coincidence. Yesterday before we did "This little piggie went to the market" I asked him where his piggies were and he grabbed his toes! I even tried it out later in the evening to make sure it wasn't just situation/routine that was prompting him. Nope, he knows exactly where his piggies are. He doesn't have a clue where his toes are though.

Today we were doing our songs and we started doing "If You're Happy and you Know It". I do all the motions for him but as soon as I started singing he started clapping. We got to the stomp your feet part and I stomped his feet on the floor. Then when we got to the last verse, "If you're happy and you know it do all three" he started stomping his feet on his own!

Yes, silly probably, but it is just so much fun watching him learn and discover he can do things on his own.

Plus, it takes my mind off of stewing about how we haven't gotten our DNA results yet.

1 Comments:
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

That is so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home