gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Getting Ready for Baby

Finally, I feel like we are starting to get ready for Alejandro to come home. Throughout all of Marcus's adoption, I was hitting up yard sales for things, making registries, and deciding exactly what we would need. Now, we have everything. We really don't need clothes for Alejandro because we have some. We don't need toys. We got those. We don't even need a car seat because Marcus got a new "big boy" one so Alejandro will just use the convertible one. There are a few things that we will need though and finally we are on our way to getting them.

First of all, a double stroller. I really like this one and we do plan to purchase it (or maybe we will get lucky and one of our adoring fans will do the honors, hint hint) but I realize it is not going to be practical for those 5 times a year that I actually go shopping and need to fit through aisles at a store. Most of our stroller needs are for outdoor use, over uneven terrain, so I really feel that the above mentioned stroller is a priority. However, I didn't want to have to buy 2 double strollers because that would just be ridiculous. Turns out, I will have two double strollers. I found a Graco Duo Glide (a stroller that has gotten great reviews) on craigslist for a mere $15. No, that isn't a typo. I got a $130 stroller for $15. Sure, it is missing one of the sunshades but who needs a sunshade when you are in a mall? All it needed was a little wipe down and it almost looks new. Did I mention it was only $15??

I also got a backpack child carrier from the same woman that sold me the stroller. We have a really nice one that my sister let us borrow but there is going to come a time when we will have two kids on a hike with us and we will have two backs, so we probably will need to strap both of them on.

Today Greg and I went out to Toys 'R Us. We had a coupon and headed for the highchair section. I didn't want to get a second highchair just because they are expensive and Marcus probably won't be in his for too too long. We found a seat that straps to a regular chair and looks quite comfy. We haven't taken it out of the box yet so I kinda fear it might be a little small but it does claim that it works for children up to 4 years old.

We still need a crib. I am holding out to find a white one so it will look nice with Marcus's white crib. I found one I like at Target and another at Toys 'R Us. We are going to wait a few more weeks though in hopes that craigslist will save us again.

Greg spent most of yesterday moving his computer from our spare bedroom into the living room. We are hoping that Marcus and Alejandro will share a room but I think at the beginning it will just be easier if they have their own space. Marcus sleeps through the night (although he has been waking up in the middle of the night lately, sitting up, and not being able to figure out how to lay back down) and I don't think it is fair to disrupt his sleep once Alejandro comes home. Plus, it will just be easier for us if we are only up with one kid in the middle of the night instead of two. We aren't going to set up the spare room as a nursery, just more or less put a crib in there. Hopefully Alejandro will adjust well and we can put both kids together quickly.

Finally, I am getting really tired of referring to our son as Alejandro. I actually typed his "real" name a couple times in this entry and had to delete it. Ya'll could really help me out with that if you would just purchase the last couple of names so we can let everyone know what we are naming our son. You can see what names are left and purchase one here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home