gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Shopping Spree!

I went on a mini shopping spree this morning to Target. I really didn't buy much but since I rarely do much shopping at all, it felt like a ton. I had to go out because we needed a new monitor. Ours broke last night. Greg dropped it in a glass of water. I considered asking him how he managed to do this but before I got the question out he informed me that I needn't bother to ask because he didn't have a clue.

We have a new monitor now. I really liked our old one but Target didn't have that one. I might end up taking the new one back and looking somewhere else for the other one.

Marcus got a new pair of shoes. He picked them out himself and chose ones with a race car design. Then I headed over to the clearance rack and found 3 shirts and 3 pairs of pants for Marcus as well. He fits very nicely into 12 month clothes but I hesitate to buy any because I have no clue when he is suddenly going to grow. However, I needed to get some short sleeved shirts for him because I have confidence that one of these days it is actually going to get warm enough around here for him to wear them. It turns out that until Marcus starts walking full time, he won't be wearing shorts. I had them on him one day during our freak warm spell. Since his method of locomotion involves scooting, by the end of the day his legs were very raw looking from all the friction on the carpeting. We are going to stick to pants for awhile.

Marcus also got a new backpack. I am not overly excited about this purchase because it represents the pending doom that is about to befall our household. Marcus needs a backpack to take all his daily things to day care. Three weeks from today is when that will start full time. In an effort to ignore the reality of that, let me get back to the backpack. It has a built in wheel and handle system so that once Marcus is walking he can pull it behind him while he walks. I figured this might be a good thing if Marcus heads to Guatemala with us.

Then I got myself something as well. Although this has nothing to do with the general topic of my blogs, I am excited so I am writing about it anyway. Since returning to work is looming over me, I needed a new lunch cooler since my old one was reduced to threads. I found a decent one then figured I needed to get another bag so I could put other work things in it as well as my lunch. I don't want to be stuck carrying my lunch bag, my purse, and another bag with knitting or a book or whatever in it. Then I saw this cooler. It looks like a super cute tote bag! Now I have big plans of putting my lunch, my knitting, and my wallet in there. Sure, my knitting and wallet will be cold but that is okay! I am so excited about my new lunch cooler that I am taking it with me to show off when we go over to Cara's this afternoon to visit with Max, Amy, and Heather.

I really meant to post about this a couple weeks ago but then other things would happen and then I would forget. I had my first unsolicited "is your son adopted" comment. I have been waiting for it, dreading it even. I have heard so many horror stories yet not a single person has said a word to me about the fact that Marcus and I look nothing alike. Then a couple weeks ago I was in Target. This worker there was talking to the cashier that was ringing me up. She seemed like quite a nice lady, very sweet, grandmotherly-like. She started talking to Marcus, going on about how cute he was, etc. Then she asked me if he was from... as she stumbled over her words... Bulgaria! Ha! I was able to stifle my laugh and said that he was from Guatemala. (I really think she was just mixed up with her words and not... I don't want to say dumb but I cant think of any other way to phrase it.) She and I chatted a bit and I was very thankful that I chose to be nice to her and not get defensive. She has a niece and nephew that are adopted from Guatemala and her own son, who is now 20, is adopted from Korea. Today this same woman was in Target and was my cashier. We chatted a little more about Guatemala since she remembered us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home