gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Great Outdoors

Marcus and I had a lovely morning. Greg and I think Marcus is getting board in our house, which I don't blame him because I am board too - same old toys, same old games. The weather has just been horrible lately. It looks like we are on an upswing. It was still a bit chilly but we just bundled up and headed out.

I don't think Marcus has ever been in grass before. He was still pretty young in Guatemala and his foster family lived in the city where there wasn't much grass at all. We take walks outside but he hasn't had the opportunity to just sit down in the lawn and explore. That is what we did today. I took out a blanket and a few toys. Then we sat. Marcus just looked around for a bit then he ventured off the blanket and discovered grass. He let it tickle his hands and then started pulling out fistfuls of the stuff. It took awhile, but eventually he was ready to move on. Next we played with dandelions. Marcus loved shaking them around and twirling them. At one point he did attempt to eat one but quickly changed his mind when he got a taste. Then we were off to leaves and sticks and other strange plant parts that blew over from our neighbor's yard.

It was just wonderful to be outside. I mostly laid on the blanket and watched (and took pictures which I'll have to post one of these days). I was out with a friend last night and didn't get much sleep so it was all quite relaxing for me, and educational for Marcus. Now it is time to finish cooking lunch so we can both get ready for a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home