gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, April 12, 2007

One Year Appointment

Yesterday was Marcus's one year doctor appointment. They told me he was perfect which I already knew. The last time we were at the doctor's he could care less that people were checking him out and that the nurse took him away without me to get weighed. This time he was much more apprehensive and clingy. We held hands while he was examined. I went with him to get weighed and when I set him on the scale he cried and reached for me and almost fell off the scale. He is now 30 1/4 inches tall which puts him between the 50th and 75th percentile. I don't remember what his head circumference was, but it was normal. Then there is his weight. At 9 months he weighed 19 lbs 9 oz. After lugging him around everyday I knew he had gained a good bit of weight since then. Turns out I was wrong. He now weighs 20 lbs 11 oz. The doctor assured me that he is growing great and there is nothing wrong with his leveling off weight. It turns out that his height and head circumference are also leveling off so he is just naturally slowing down his growth rate. He is in the 25th percentile for weight.

He got three vaccines while we were there too. He screamed so loud that I started to cry. Then I remembered that I am supposed to be the adult and be strong so I got it together :)

I also keep forgetting to mention that he talks now, kinda. He says "up" which sounds more like "ut". He has been saying "dada" forever but I don't think he quite gets it yet. This week he has been saying "mama". It was totally cute at first. This morning it was getting rather old when I was trying to make lunch and he was clinging to my legs and repeating in a whiny voice, "mamamamamamama". Oh, what am I saying? It was still cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home