gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Give me a D!!

Give me an N!! Give me an A!! What's that spell?? Nothing really. But if you put those letters together you get DNA which is an important part of the adoption process. Thursday evening we got a phone call from our case worker. Alejandro and his birthmother were supposed to have the DNA test done on Friday. This was such a wonderful day for us but of course, we were thinking of Alejandro's birthmom as well. It is such a hard day for her. After almost 4 months, she had to see her baby again and hold him. I can't imagine how difficult that must be. I just hope that somehow she knows that we are going to do everything that we can to give that little boy the best life he can have.

It should be a couple weeks, maybe sooner, before we get the results. Now we just have to keep our fingers crossed that it is a match and the woman that has given Alejandro up for adoption is his birthmom. Greg and I are already starting to talk about planning a visit trip to meet our little guy. It comes at an awkward time since I will be returning to work in a little over a week after being off for 6 months. I will just feel bad about asking for time off right after I come back. I am sure they will understand though.

So, here's to a match!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home