gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Round Two

We have two full weeks of day care and work under our belts. The first full week of day care/work kicked off with a cold that Marcus shared with me. The end of the second full week of day care/work has brought another cold to surface.

For the first several hours of last night, Marcus slept rather restlessly. He would fall asleep for about 10 minutes and then wake up crying, still pretty much asleep, or at least really wishing he was asleep. He did sleep in a little this morning. When he did get up, I strapped him into his highchair for breakfast, and the sneezing started. Quickly followed by a runny nose that needs wiped every 30 seconds. Oh good. I was just thinking yesterday that I was finally over the cold that he and I had the week before. What better to do than get another cold?

Marcus was miserable all morning. He did nothing but cry over everything and I was having a hard time dealing with it. I was really looking forward to today, with very little to do and a day off of work. I found myself thinking how much more relaxing it would have been if I had been at work instead of trying to console an inconsolable child.

He took another 4 hour nap this afternoon. By Saturday it seems he is just so exhausted from the week at day care that he needs it. We kept him up a little later tonight so hopefully he won't have problems sleeping tonight like he did last Saturday night after his 4 hour nap. He was also slightly happier after that 4 hour nap as well.

In other news, Greg and I dropped my car off to be inspected today. I was expecting something to be wrong considering my car is now 6 years old and has a good many miles on it. I wasn't expecting there to be $700 worth of things wrong. That doesn't even include the issue with the speedometer, an issue that I have had with that car since a few months after I bought it. Every single year it has passed inspection with the speedometer issue but not this year. So now I have to attempt to find time to take it to some other shop that works on speedometers to get that fixed so I can get the stupid thing to pass inspection by the end of the month. This is why I always try to get my car inspected around the first of the month but that just wasn't happening this year with me going back to work and Marcus going to day care. To make things worse, we are planning on trading in that car in a few months for something a bit more roomy. The last thing we want to be doing is putting tons of money into it that we will never see.

As you might have noticed, this entry didn't start off with me screaming and exclaiming that we finally got our DNA results in the mail. The reasoning behind that is because there were no DNA results in the mail. Nothing. Not even anything that looked remotely like DNA results. (Not exactly sure what I meant by that. Just trying to make a point... badly.) I posted on a local message board for people who have adopted from Guatemala, asking how long it took for them to get their results after the test was done. No one has responded yet. Doesn't anyone check the message board on the weekends??

I guess I could probably look back through my old blogs and see how long it took to get Marcus's DNA results. Okay.. off to research... be right back... Yeah, so that didn't make me feel any better about this. Turns out that Marcus's DNA test was done on July 31, 2006. We got the results in the mail in August 11, 2006. Using my superb math skills, that means we waited for 12 days to get the results. Once again, showing off my ability to do math, the length of time from April 20, 2007 (when Alejandro's DNA test was supposedly done) until now is WAY MORE THAN TWELVE DAYS.

In an attempt to distract myself from current events in my life, I leave you with this totally absurd video of my silly man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home