gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, May 11, 2007

Saran Wrap

Check it out! I have two minutes to post something!!

I think I have a new son. He still looks like Marcus but he certainly doesn't act like him. For starters, he clings to me like Saran Wrap. He is fine when he is strapped into his highchair (where he is now) or even when he is in his bed, but during those times when he would normally be playing on the floor, he insists instead on me carrying him around. I can't even sit down because that sets him into a panic. He screams a lot now, just that ear-piercing "I like to see how loud I can be" scream. Yesterday he cried for quite awhile. I tried giving him what he wanted and he cried some more.

Everyone at his day care says that he is adjusting fine. I trust them. I think he has fun there and always looks content when I first see him. (The minute he sees me walk into the day care he bursts into tears.) Then he comes home and turns into someone I don't recognize.

Work is going fine for me I suppose. I am enjoying my new position so far. Things are quite different than they were in my old position. Mainly I have no down time. I have been back for just over a week and already I am so far behind that it makes my head spin. Plus, my head is just so cloudy. Pre-Marcus I could go to work, do work, and come home and relax. Now I go to work, concentrate and try to learn new things, then come home and have even more things to do.

Nothing is getting done that used to get done. I have stacks of laundry. There are giant hairballs on the floor screaming, "Vacuum me!" Plus, just general messiness that is really starting to bother me. Sadly, I know it will get worse before it gets better.

We haven't had an update on Alejandro since 4-24-07. We keep getting told that updates are coming soon but I still don't see any showing up. To think, almost a month ago Greg and I were beginning to think we might be headed to Guatemala soon to at least meet our son. We are still waiting to hear something, anything...

TGIF

1 Comments:
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

You better be careful of what you wish for! Sometimes it just comes true! Don't worry about the clean house- other things are far more important than a hairy carpet. Just get Peyote a hair net. It will be easier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home