gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Monday, April 30, 2007

Cheese Makes Everything Better, and a crib

We haven't really had any food issues with Marcus. Sure, there were about 2 weeks there when all he would eat was fruit which led to some rather disgusting output. Greg and I would actually hide the fruit and feed him other foods before bringing it out. Sure he has some weird eating habits. Like today he had his choice of mixed vegetables and graham crackers. He ate all the peas out of the mixed vegetables and was enthusiastically looking for more, completely ignoring the semi-junk food that was in front of him.

Last week I made him a baked potato. He used to love these, mainly because they were fun to get all over his hands and then rub his hands in his hair so he looked like this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

However, no interest in the last couple baked potatoes I made him. So today, I tried cheese. I just melted a little cheese on top and voila! Marcus loves baked potatoes again. He ate the whole potato and paid no attention to the fruit and the Goldfish Crackers that were sitting there.

We now have a place for Alejandro to sleep! Thanks to my new best friend craigslist, we got a crib and a mattress. (Come on, someone tell me how horrible it is to use a used mattress. I know you want to!!) We also got some sheets that are really ugly and we plan to sell in our yard sale on June 2 (stop by!) and a few toys, some that are okay and others that you will also be able to view laying around on lawn on June 2.

In other news, I talked to my friend Tampa Jess (as opposed to New York Jess). I haven't talked to her in months and I just love that girl. Now, I haven't actually met her, mind you. I met her on a chat board for women dealing with infertility. Not long after that the chat board disappeared but we started emailing and then talking in instant messenger and then on to phone calls. I really don't know how I would have gotten through all my struggles to become a mom if it weren't for her. As soon as I got the diagnosis of my uterine abnormality, it was her that I talked to first, even before Greg. When I tried to tell Greg later that night and I started to choke up, I even suggested that he talk to Tampa Jess and have her explain because I didn't know if I could. Anyway, Tampa Jess and I were chatting away and Jess just stopped and said, "Can you believe that we are talking about our kids??" There was so much time there when we both wondered if we would ever be moms and now it seems like those worries were almost ridiculous. We both wanted it bad enough and now we both have little boys that keep us up at night and make us want to pull out our hair that we adore completely! I don't know if I said this before or not but even if I did, it is worth repeating. There were times when I cried and prayed to God many many times a day to please let me conceive a child. Now I thank God every single day for not answering that prayer. There was a different plan for me and that was the plan to fill my life with hugs and kisses from Marcus and soon our son Alejandro as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home