gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wedding Crashers

Marcus crashed his first wedding this weekend. So, it wasn't a legitimate crash since he was invited. However, I am sure the bride and groom hadn't intended on him stealing the show and everyone gushing over how cute he was. I was almost getting tired of all the people coming up to me and telling me how cute he is. Okay, so I really wasn't getting tired of it.

It was a great weekend. We left on Sunday morning and drove to Hagerstown, MD, making a quick stop on the way to drop the pooch off at Amanda's house. Marcus did great in the car, sleeping much of the way and enjoying the scenery when he was awake. Thankfully we were able to find a hotel that would allow us to check in early. Early check in was the only favorable thing about the hotel. The hotel was dirty, the service was horrible, and it was generally scary. Marcus had a good time playing on the bed while we got ready for the wedding.

The wedding was just fabulous. The groom, Adam, was my best friend back in college. In attendance were several of my other college friends.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have seen them all at some point in the last 6 years but we haven't been all together since college. Adam is Scottish and all the groomsmen were in kilts
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and there was a piper.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The ceremony was outside and was beautiful, except for the horrible heatwave that had suddenly hit us. Only a few minutes into the ceremony and all the guests were drenched in sweat and I was kicking Marcus and Greg off to find a shady spot.

Marcus did pretty well the whole evening. He started having a meltdown around dinner. He was tired and starving yet he wouldn't eat a thing. I had a few jars of baby food in the diaper bag. He hasn't eaten baby food in months but it was the only thing he wouldn't spit out or remove from his mouth and hide under his butt. He was able to get a little sleep there.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Greg spent most of the evening holding him while he slept
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

while I was on the dance floor with my old friends. I was having such a great time. I know we probably should have left early, since Marcus was rather cranky, but I just couldn't. Yeah, I'm a bad mom. I don't know when or if all those people will be back together again. Greg said he thought Marcus was doing just fine as long as he was holding him so staying really wasn't so hard on him.

Here are a few other photos from the wedding. The bride and groom were just beautiful.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The reception was under a big tent.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Instead of the traditional removal of the garter, since Adam was essentially wearing a skirt, the bride Katie removed a garter from his leg.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There was some jigging
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

as well as lots of bluegrass music and some Country Roads for all of us West Virginia natives and temporary transplants. (This is a bad picture but there are a bunch of us on the dance floor in a big circle all swaying and singing along to Country Roads.)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Marcus did great in the hotel, perfectly content sleeping in his pack 'n play, something he has never done before. I am sure that it helped that he was utterly exhausted. All of it gave us great confidence that traveling with him in the future, perhaps to Guatemala, won't be nearly as stressful as we feared.

The ride back home was equally uneventful as the ride there was. Marcus slept a good deal. I attempted to. I was feeling a bit under the weather. When we got home my throat started hurting really bad. By Tuesday afternoon I was at the doctor's office with a temperature of 102 degrees, a sore throat, an earache, and all around generally not-feeling-well-ness. I am not at work today. As much as I would love to be at home playing with my little boy, I am just not feeling up to it yet. He is in day care. I am at home. It is quite odd. This is really the first time I have been home when he was not here. I keep listening for him or wanting to go grab the baby monitor so I can hear him in his room.

On Saturday we got our new pool set up. The water was still too cold to partake and then we were gone for a few days. Yesterday would have been a great day for a dip but with my illness, I didn't think it would be a good idea. It is looking like our first trip to the pool won't be until tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home