gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Quest for the Perfect Stroller

I know it is out there. It really must exist. I have made it my life mission to locate it. I must find it and it must be affordable. The Perfect Stroller will be mine!!

As you might recall, I found a wonderful front and back double stroller on craigslist for a mere $15. This is quite incredible. However, it is not my ideal stroller. I wanted something front and back for those few trips that I take to the mall when attempting to maneuver through tight spaces would be key. What I really want is a side-by-side double stroller.

Let me describe this Perfect Stroller to you. First of all, is side-by-side. This stroller has very rugged wheels, preferably air filled tires but a good, shock absorbing rubber would work as well. It has seats that recline independently from each other. It has a snack tray for those times when we must eat or snack on the go. There is a cup holder for me and another area for me to put my sunglasses or cell phone. There is ample space for storage. It is comfortable to push, not too wide, and can go just about anywhere. As mentioned before, it is affordable. Unfortunately, the Perfect Stroller doesn't exist.

I got close when I found the Double Safari Stroller by InStep stroller. We headed out to Burlington Coat Factory today so Greg could see it in person. There are several things lacking though. There is no cup holder for me, no snack tray, and not so much storage space. It is still the closest I have come to finding what I really want. Most everything else is just not quite rugged enough. I want to be able to go over uneven terrain and enjoy it. We've got hills and bumps and potholes and I must traverse them all!

I was looking for a good deal on the above mentioned stroller last night online and I stumbled upon another stroller that is even more closely related to the Perfect Stroller. It is the Valco Tri-Mode Twin. It is really close to having it all. It is missing the snack tray I so desire but it doesn't appear that any of the more rugged strollers have that feature. It has great tires, lots of storage space, independently reclining seats, AND A CUP HOLDER FOR ME!!! There is one tiny minor detail that makes my stomach turn about this near Perfect Stroller. It sells for $659. My dad's first car didn't cost $659. There is no way I can justify spending that much on a stroller.

So, who wants to buy it for me??

5 Comments:
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I think they are trying to tell you that your children should not be snacking while you are off-roading in your stroller. Just a thought.
Best of luck in your quest. I will buy you the Valco stroller if you get be one of those fancy Bugaboo ones.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Cara said...

whoa that valco double stroller is sweet! the price tag... not so much.

i hope you can find a way to afford it... it really look super!

btw, while on vaca, we rented a basic instep jogger, it was a really comfortable stroller, max even napped in it!!!! it did not have a swivel option on the front wheel though which was a bit annoying but for the week i didn't mind.

good luck!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger jen said...

You can get add-on cup holders and other accessories for your stroller. Check out all the things they have here... http://www.babyant.com/strolleracc.html

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Anna said...

I have a "parents console" - it's made by BOB but it fits on my Phil and Ted. My only complaint is that you can't put a hot coffee cup on it, only bottles of water, but I feel so spoiled complaining about that.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

That's craptastic! I have the Schwinn single Free Wheeler jogger, and it has a caddy/cupholder for me, decent storage below and a removable snack tray for Grant. I'm not looking forward to giving that stuff up (thanks for warning me) when I switch to the double version, but I like the Schwinn enough that I'll probably get the double anyway. It's just the only well-made double jogger I can find that is not a million dollars...maybe I'll just get one of those double-stroller SkipHop bags to attach. I'm so bummed!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home