gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, June 09, 2007

What's Goin' On

I had my first dream about our visit trip to Guatemala. It really had nothing to do with meeting William. In the dream it was the day of the trip and I still hadn't packed anything yet! So yes, I am having packing anxiety. Of course instead of packing or even thinking about what we are going to have to pack, I am blogging.

Not sure if I have completely come out and said it but Marcus is going with us on our trip to Guatemala. I am not the least bit worried about how he will be when we are there. I am just worried about how he will handle traveling. We only have so many arms and now they won't just be carrying luggage for four people (Greg, Marcus, William, and me) but they will also be hauling Marcus as well. We are borrowing an umbrella stroller from my mom which will surely help out. We were planning on taking our car seat for quite awhile until I came across Cares Kids Fly Safe. It is basically a seat belt system that converts the airplane seat belt into a four point harness. The best part is that folds up into a 6" carrying case. Since we don't need a car seat while we are in Guatemala, this is going to work out great... I hope.

Today I was at the mall getting my hair trimmed up and got a few things as well. I got a gift for William's foster mom. (I really wish I could make out what her name was on the videos that we have.) I got her a Willow Tree Keepsake Box with an angel on it holding a gold heart. Inside are the words "You will always have my heart." The two nice ladies at the store where I bought it asked me who it was for. Then next thing I knew I was pulling out pictures of my kids and showing them off. I am such a dorky mom. I can't wait until Marcus and William are old enough to be embarrassed by my behavior. I also found a necklace and earring set for her as well.

The next mission was to locate some new PJs for Marcus. He is still wearing almost all the PJs that he was wearing when he came home. Most of these are in size 9 months. True, he is just a little thing but he was 9 months old 5 months ago. I know that very soon we are going to attempt to put him into his PJs and he won't fit in any of them. I was short on time and only went to one store. They had tons of PJs, all on clearance, in sizes 0-9 months and sizes 2T-5T. Apparently kids between the ages of 9 months and 2 years don't wear PJs. I searched the store high and low and found one set of PJs in 12 months and one set in 18 months. The 18 month ones looked huge so I got the 12 month. So now he only has my permission to grow out of 1 pair of his PJs until I get a chance to go looking to see if other stores think that kids that are Marcus's age are supposed to be wearing PJs.

Earlier this week Marcus and I went swimming with Cara, Max, Jen, and Finn. Thanks guys! We had a really great time. We had really warm weather that was perfect for some swimming. I hope we do it again soon and hopefully Finn will be more excited about it this time.

Off to get ready for my nephew's birthday party!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home