gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Just Another Post

I have been saving up lots of ideas of happy things I could post about but right now I am all out of happy thoughts. Mostly I think about William and how he isn't home and everyday seems like an eternity. I used to think that each day was one day closer to bringing us home. Now it just seems that each day gives us one more chance to accumulate yet another reason that the finale of this process will be delayed.

So, what do we know? Not a damn thing. Seriously, if anyone out there knows a single thing about my little boy, please fill me in. It is becoming apparent that our agency is not capable of doing this so it is worth a shot to locate someone who can. We haven't heard a single thing about William through our agency since July 3. We did hear about the PA, but that was from the US Embassy themselves. Last week I emailed our agency in an attempt to find out something and the only thing I heard was that we should hear something soon and hopefully we will find out if our PA had been picked up. IT BETTER HAVE BEEN PICKED UP!! The thing has been ready for a week now. I could have been down there and picked the thing up and submitted our case back into PGN days ago. The people that we have given our life savings to (along with going into debt for) better get off their butts and do something. For all we know, our PA could have been picked up the same day it was issued and our file could have been submitted to PGN that same day too, but how would I know because our agency is like some secret society and I most certainly do not know the secret knock.

I just found out a few minutes ago from guatadopt, a very trustworthy site, that it is looking as if there is going to be a requirement for a second DNA test to be done starting on August 1, which is tomorrow. This DNA test will be done sometime between when the pink slip is issued and when the parents travel. This is supposed to be a good thing, ensuring even further that there is no foul play involved with the adoption process. I only see one more thing for our agency to lie to us about (recall how our agency lied to us about when our original DNA test was done) and one more thing to delay William coming home to us forever.

In an attempt to end this blog entry in a not completely pissed off mood, here are a few things that hopefully I will have the strength to smile about again soon:

- Marcus loves Baby Einstein suddenly. He really has no interest in TV but we were looking for something different to do so I set up his chair right in front of the TV, put in Baby Einstein, and plopped him down. He was comatose for 15 minutes straight, so relaxed that he actually fell out of the chair twice!

- Marcus is slowly learning to walk, finally. He can take about 2 steps all alone. Twice he made it up to about 5-6 steps. He won't perform his talent though unless we trick him into it by making him think that we are actually holding him up but in reality we had let go.

- Marcus loves to slide. I'm not talking about those wee little baby slides. I'm talking about big kid slides. We went to North Park over the weekend and he was climbing and crawling and scooting all over the playground. I was nervous but he showed no fear tackling the slides all on his own. Then he insisted on climbing back up them. His favorite slide was the really long tube slide. He would scream the whole way down to hear himself echo.

- Our cookbook is still for sale!! Don't forget to pick up a copy or 12. (Really, a friend of mine bought 12! She said she is done Christmas shopping now!) We have to sell 200 in order to make it worth it. We have a long way to go. Please share the link to our webpage with all your friends, family, and coworkers. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get the word out about our cookbook and the wonderful little boy that the orders will benefit, please let me know! Order your cookbook by clicking here.

2 Comments:
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Gail said...

I'm glad you were able to voice your anger and get it out. That's what the blogs and blog friends are for. I sure hope you hear something soon, by the end of this week.
Gail
P.S. Hang in there!!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm so sorry about the frustrations you're feeling, and you know that I share some of them. I just sent out a mass mailing about your cookbook, and will be purchasing several myself. I'm waiting to hear from everyone, b/c some of my less technically-savvy people will want me to order for them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home