gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Blah blah blah

That is what I apparently sound like when I am on the phone. Yesterday Marcus was trying really hard to steal my cell phone. I found an old phone of mine and let him have that one instead. He knew just what to do, I supposed from observing me doing it multiple times. He took the phone, flipped it open, held it up to his ear (although he had the back of the phone to his ear), and said "Blah blah blah!" Maybe it is just because I am his mom and all, but I thought it was the cutest thing. I also thought it was just great that he knew to hold it up to his ear and talk, without us prompting him on what to do with a cell phone.

In other news, I am having a bad adoption day. This waiting thing really really sucks. William is now 2 days shy of being 7 months old. When Marcus was two days shy of being 7 months old Greg and I were with him at the US Embassy in Guatemala getting our final stamp of approval to say that he was our son. I feel like we have forever to wait until we get to that point with William. I checked out airfare on a whim and it looks like if I left on Friday and came back Monday, it would cost just over $500. So, who wants to buy me a plane ticket? Our case worker claims that we should get an update on our case this week but that typically means that we could hear something anytime between now and mid-August. It doesn't help that I already know our update will be that we are still waiting for pre-approval and there is not a darn thing we can do until we get it and no one knows when that would be.

4 Comments:
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

hang in there... I am sure you will get your baby home before I do. william is with a loving couple, and being well cared for. I am sure that isn't as comforting as him being home with you now... but it is what it is. He will be home soon.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Gail said...

Come on PA!! Praying it comes soon for you.
Gail

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

but Amanda...we want our kids home NOW...sorry guys, had to be a brat :-)

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I know Melissa... I might not fully understand, but I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home