gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Family Fun Day

Today we had some of the family over for a cook out. We got Marcus off to his afternoon nap early so he would be well rested and awake when the guests got here. The guests were here for 45 minutes and he was still sleeping so I had to be the mean mommy and wake him up.

Marcus had a blast playing with his five year old cousin Scott. They played dinosaurs and played on the slide. Scott made Marcus laugh all afternoon. Later in the day they were playing cars together as well.

We had some yummy food and they I put the guests to work.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We worked on decorations to put in William's room. (Actually, it will be William and Marcus's room since they will be sharing, eventually.) I had everyone paint a letter of William's name on a 5x7 piece of paper. I am going to frame them and hang it in the boys' room. The pictures aren't framed yet but for now it looks like this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After the work was done, I let everyone play. We took a dip in the pool, which was far colder than it was early in the summer. When Scott's lips started turning blue and his teeth started chattering we all decided it was time to get out. We all chatted some more and then watched some of the video from our trip to meet William in Guatemala. All too soon it was time for everyone to head out the door. All in all, it was a great day!

Just out of curiosity, I gave Marcus a fork with his lunch. He tried really hard to get food to stick on it with little success. I loaded up his fork for him and he knew just what to do. Then he would promptly hand the fork back to me for a reload. I think I started something bad! I was so excited when I didn't have to feed him every bite of his meal and he could do it himself with his fingers. Now it looks like I am going to have to start loading up his fork for every bite!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(Yes, that is broccoli in his mouth. My boy likes his veggies!)


Now my nose is all itchy and running. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is just allergies because I really don't think I could handle another cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home