gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, September 14, 2007

Another Mistake

Yet another error that our agency has committed was brought to my attention today. The error itself is really no big deal in the big scheme of things, but really, I have just had enough. William is supposed to see his pediatrician in Guatemala once a month which occurs around his monthly “birthday”. We continue to have issues getting this medical report to us in a reasonable amount of time. The doctor emails the report to the head of the Guatemalan program in our agency. That person then gives it to our case worker who then gives it to us. About a month ago I found myself getting really irritated because William was due for his medical appointment around July 19 (his 7 month “birthday”) and it was a month later and we still hadn’t gotten our medical update. So I called our old case manager, told her how upset I was not only about not getting the medical update, but just with our agency in general. Nothing happened unless you count getting our medical update a few days later, even though it was over a month late.

For nearly a month now we have been waiting for our August medical report. I was so excited when I saw sitting there in my email this morning a medical update! In the email our new case worker sent us it explained that William’s pediatrician was having computer trouble in July which is why we didn’t receive our July medical update. Huh? But we did receive our July medical update. Anyway, I went on to open up a picture of our sweet baby boy. He looked exactly like he did in our July medical report, right down to wearing the exact same clothes. After closer inspection I realized that these were the same pictures we were sent for our July medical report. Then I went to check out our “August” report on William’s development. It was the exact same report.

This all just really pissed me off. What a stupid mistake! And where is our real August report??? I was off and typing an email to our new case worker. I was hoping, really really hoping and praying that things would be different with the new case worker. They are different and I know that this mistake has nothing to do with her, but that doesn’t change the fact that our agency is glowing with incompetence. I told our new case worker that I realized none of these mistakes were her wrongdoing in the email because the last thing I want right now is for our new case worker to hate us already. I really wanted to be all sugary sweet and nice and cooperative but there is no way I am going to sit back and do that while our agency walks all over us (and all their other clients for that matter). I explained that there was a bit of miscommunication somewhere and I wanted to know what the real story was. Then I went on to say that I am just tired of all the little bits of miscommunication. After being with the agency for nearly 2 years now and 2 adoptions, I have watched the rapid diminish of the quality of service that we have been provided.

There were a couple things I didn’t mention. For starters, I was really looking forward to this medical report because we sent a package down to William about 2 months ago now and I couldn’t wait to see him in the super cute clothes that we sent. William’s foster family is always very considerate and dresses him in the outfits that we have given him for his photo ops. No new clothes because there were no new pictures.

I also didn’t mention the one thing I saw different on our medical update this time. In every single medical update that we have received from our old case manager, there was no date on the report where William’s growth and development is described. On this report there was a date. Even when we got this exact same medical report a month ago, the date had been deleted. Why?? This is clearly something that our old case manager was doing. The only reason I can think of as to why she would do this would be so if the date on the medical report was two months previous, we would have no idea that the medical report took 2 months to get to us. Lies lies lies.

In support of our latest repeat of a medical report, the date on the report says that the doctor wrote the report on August 8, which is 2 weeks after William was due for his appointment. If that was indeed his real appointment date, I can clearly understand why we didn’t get this medical report the first time until mid-August. Also, if that was the date he was at the doctor, he probably wasn’t going to be going again until the second week of September, which means we really haven’t been waiting too long for his last medical update.

Please keeps the vibes and prayers coming our way that this adoption reaches its end very soon so we can just enjoy being with our son instead of all this other crap.

1 Comments:
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Cara said...

all i can say is... whoa....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home