gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Happy Pills

In my quest to stop being sick all the time, I decided to try taking these vitamin things that people keep talking about. Me and vitamins just don't get along. They end up making my tummy feel all gross which in turn makes the rest of me just miserable. So on one of my two Target trips this week, I picked myself up some One-A-Day vitamins. Just for giggles, I decided to grab the kind that claim "all day energy". You try being a working mom of a toddler and tell me you wouldn't have opted for some extra energy as well.

These vitamins are awesome! I think One-A-Day makes the things so darn big just to keep you from swallowing up a handful of these things every day. I took my first one on Thursday morning while I was at work. Turns out I had to be stuck at my desk all day Thursday, something that usually doesn't happen. Let me just tell you, having all day energy and being stuck at a desk is not a good combination. By 10:00 I was contemplating taking the rest of the day off for no other reason than the run laps around the building. I am not a runner, I was wearing dress shoes, and it was 90+ degrees outside but none of this mattered.

Friday was quite similar, except I didn't have to be stuck at my desk all day and got to travel around the area. Then there was today. I was up at 6:45. I made muffins. (I have never made muffins in my entire life.) Marcus and I played. Then we took a 30 minute walk. Then we gave the dog a bath. Then we played with sidewalk chalk. Then he played with his toys while I cleaned up a little. Then he and I played tag, chasing each other around the house. After lunch he went down for a nap and I went to work cleaning all the windows in the house. I got dinner pre-cooked at some point in there as well. Once he got up I vacuumed the house, we had a quick snack, and then we were off to meet Cara and Max for our last swim of the season. Usually at this point each night I am using toothpicks to keep my eyes open. Tonight, I feel like dancing!

Although I didn't see it, I suspect that someone must have slipped Marcus some happy pills of some sort as well. Generally he is a happy kid but this week has just been FUN! He is so excited about walking and just loves loves loves to do it. He is so distracted by walking that he has even forgotten to do all those other toddler-like activities like throwing temper tantrums, touching things he shouldn't be touching, and generally destroying the house. We just play and laugh all day long. Sometimes I just have to scoop him up and hug him and kiss him and make him giggle because I just love him so much. And it is fun!! I chase him. He chases me. Then he chases the dog, something I am pretty sure Marcus finds way more fun than the dog does.

Totally an aside, but this evening I thought I would try to curb some of my energy and catch up on a few blogs that I have bookmarked. I started reading and thought, Why in the world am I reading all these adoption blogs? How does that pertain to my life? Oh yeah. I actually forgot for a second there that my little boy is not flesh of my flesh. He so much my son that I forgot that he was brought into my life through a unique path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home