gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Last Case Update

I decided today that we won't be getting anymore case updates on William's adoption. Part of the reason is because it is just too stressful and part of the reason is because we just won't be needing them. When we adopted Marcus we had to wait for weeks to get an update, much like now. However, when we got approved by PGN someone from our agency called us that very day. From that point on, we never really got anymore case updates, just information that we would need in order to travel to pick Marcus up.

Today I went into work to find sitting right there in my email inbox a case update. My heart sank. You might think that after months on end of checking my email every 30 seconds to see if we had an update I would be excited. Not this time. I figured the case update could only say one of two things. It could either say that we were still in PGN or else it could say that we were kicked out. It would not say that we had been approved because that would have involved a phone call (or at least capital letters in the subject of the email!). I wasn't even sure I wanted to read the email because I was too scared that it would be bad news. I dove in and thankfully it was no news. We are still in PGN. It has been 4 weeks today. People usually find out one way or another after 6-8 weeks in PGN so hopefully we don't have much longer to get that wonderful phone call announcing that we have been approved. I've been carrying my cell phone in my pocket constantly just in case it should ring and our agency is on the other end.

Back when I was a preteen, I became very curious about all the changes in life I was going through. I asked lots of questions and read endless books about puberty trying to get to know what I should expect over the next few years. It was quite exciting to learn about all the growing I had to do (even if it meant growing in odd parts of my body). Although I can't remember back that far, I am willing to bet that when I was just a little kid, a toddler even, I was excited about getting bigger and growing up and changing. I was lucky enough to have a big sister and a big brother to observe so I knew just what to expect. Marcus doesn't have that. Fortunately, he loves to read and found just the right book to satisfy his curiosity of his rapidly changing life over the next few years. By the look on his face, I am thinking he is quite excited about what he learned!

5 Comments:
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Cara said...

ahh! he is too cute!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Gail said...

If he learns something from that book, let me know. I may want to try one with my dogs.
Gail

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Oh my! That picture is just so perfect- look at that toothy grin! He even has it facing the right direction. Looks like you have a smart one on your hands!

Hoping you get your phone call soon!!

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is seriously one of the cutest photos I've ever seen. Go, Marcus, go!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I love it! Our documents are officially on their way to Guatemala. Dana FWD'd the tracking info late this afternoon. Now let's just hope they get there and don't get lost this time. I want to be complaining about stuck in PGN with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home