gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Completely Ignored

I had enough. I never call our case worker for our adoption. We just "talk" via email. I ask questions through email and get very few answers. I complain through email and get very little response. Mostly I sit and wait to receive email telling me that something is happening. On Thursday I called our case worker. Enough was enough. On Friday it would make 1 month since we have heard anything about William and our case. (We did hear about the PA but that was directly from the US Embassy with a follow-up email from our agency.) I was calm. I was cool. None of that mattered one bit. I spoke with our case worker for about 15 minutes. Five of those minutes was me telling her how upset I am with the service that we have been getting, how discouraging it has been because we don't hear anything, how maddening it is because medical reports haven't even been sent our way. The remaining time on the phone was spent listening to her talk in circles. I really don't even have a clue what she said. I know what she didn't say. She didn't even acknowledge the fact that I am not the least bit happy with our agency and the service they are not providing. I did hear that the Guatemalan program director is currently on vacation but she would try to contact her and get back to me. Our case worker also informed me that she "assumed" our PA had been picked up and our file was back in PGN. I told her I didn't want assumptions. I wanted to know facts, and that is exactly what has been lacking during this whole process.

I got an email from our case worker on Friday saying that she did not hear back from the program director yet concerning our case. Can't say I was the least bit surprised. According to our case worker, updates are due out next week. Then again, she told me two weeks ago that case updates were due and we still haven't seen that update yet. A fellow adopter who I will keep nameless to protect the innocent said that pretty soon all these "out of office" replies that we get because everyone from our agency takes an obscene amount of vacation are going to start counting as updates.

Guatemala has officially added a second DNA test to the process of finalizing adoptions. This is only supposed to add 1-2 more weeks onto the process. Oh good. I was worried because this process wasn't taking long enough already.

That is about all going on around here. I work. I play with Marcus. I am sad and upset and short tempered because I don't know anything about William.

Marcus is slowly gaining another skill. He is pretty much only allowing Greg and I to witness it at this point. I think he is waiting until the skill is close to perfection before he shows it off to the world. We out smarted him though and caught him practicing the secret skill on one of our hidden cameras.

3 Comments:
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Cara said...

well, that sucks about the agency crap but the video is awesome! how cute! i loved it when he went half way and turned around and went back to greg! adorable!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Gail said...

That is a really cute video. I can hardly wait for that day for myself. Hope you get some good news from your agency.
Gail

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Nameless to protect the innocent, hehehe. I, too, have heard that updates are due out agency-wide next (well, it's Sunday, so I guess THIS) week. Somewhere, somehow, something's got to give. If we just lean on each other, and continue being proactive, we'll all get through this, get our kids home, and put this all behind us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home