gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Busy Busy Week

What a busy week this has been! We are still, sadly, drying out from the storm. It is looking like our game room carpet isn't going to make it. This mostly makes me sad because we don't have any financial means of replacing it at this time. The storm hit last Thursday around 3:00 pm, at which point our power went out. Our power didn't come on until Saturday around 7:00 pm, 52 hours later. Things really weren't too bad without electricity. I got out of the house last Friday to go see Dave Matthews Band. On Saturday, even though we were still powerless, we started to attempt to clean things up the best that we could. Our yard looked like this:


Our garage looked like this:


Perhaps it is a good thing that William hasn't come home yet because his crib was housing Greg and my other babies.


Greg even started to try to get our retaining wall in order but we still haven't gotten that put back up yet either. Since we weren't able to keep anything refrigerated for quite some time, we were reduced to eating whatever bad for us food we could get our hands on. I even let Marcus have something unhealthy for a snack. He quite enjoyed his cookie. I bet you can't guess what color the icing was!


On Sunday morning Marcus and I went to North Park with another mom and son to play on the playground. Then while he napped to met some friends at Panera for some good conversation and knitting.

I took the day off of work on Monday and Marcus and I headed down to spend some time with my family. We played at my parents' house a bit, Marcus napped, and then we headed to the pool where we met my sister and her kids. My niece and nephew had a great time showing off for Marcus. It was a great day but quite exhausting.

Tuesday it was back to work. Thursday morning I had to head out to Harrisburg for meetings and spent the night there because I had another meeting Friday morning. It was the most time I have spent away from Marcus since he came home. I felt guilty for not feeling guilty. It was nice to hang out all alone in my hotel room after the meetings watching bad TV. Greg said he and Marcus were doing just fine without me. Figures!

I got back home on Friday around 3:00. Apparently Marcus had been doing fine, until he woke up from his nap at 2:00 with a low grade fever. He ended up being just miserable all night. The nice part was that instead of being insane, he was all cuddly, something that he is normally way too busy for. Here it is Sunday, and he is still under the weather. His fever was 104 at one point but has mostly stayed in the 100-101 range.

Last night was my 10 year high school reunion. I was all excited about going, even though after checking in with all the people I had kept in contact with since high school only one of them would be attending. I decided to flip through my year book yesterday morning to check to see who else I might see there, and hopefully give me a refresher of names since I am so horrible with names. After looking through the faces of my classmates my senior year in high school I realized that there were very few people I cared to see. Greg and I dropped Marcus off at my parents' house for the evening and we headed out. We ran into my friend Abbie in the parking lot with her husband. There were lots of familiar faces there and a lot of confusion over exactly who people were. We talked to several people and some of those people I hadn't talked to since middle school but apparently we were supposed to act like long lost friends so we did. One guy even said hello to me that I never talked to in my life. One of the few people I was hoping to see there was Brooke, a girl that I worked with at this fantastic after school job and took karate with. In she walked with her boyfriend! Brooke, Abbie, and I chatted away. We were all quite disappointed that despite the large chunk of money that we had to drop to attend the event, the only food to eat was cheese, veggies,and Swedish meatballs. So we blew that popsicle stand. Abbie, her husband Jason, Brooke, her boyfriend Jason, Greg, and I all headed to T.G.I. Friday's for some more filling food and some margaritas. It ended up being a great night hanging out with old friends.

One other fantastic thing happened this week. I saved it for last because if you have made it this far, you deserve some reward. We FINALLY got a medical update on William. It was quite an emotional week with our adoption because I found out some devastating news which could just be a rumor, on top of us being a month behind on getting a medical report. On Tuesday I emailed our case worker and told her that it was completely ridiculous that we still hadn't gotten our medical report and I have been very dissatisfied with the service we have been receiving. She responded and said, "Please understand that I will give you the medical report as soon as I get it." I responded to that with, "Please understand that I will continue to ask where our medical report is until I get it." We got it on Thursday. William is doing great. His insect bites are finally healing. He is growing well, working at sitting up on his own, and his hair is filling in a bit. Take a look at the cutie pie yourself!



We also heard that our adoption person in Guatemala did get the package that we had another family take down for us and the package was given to his foster family.

4 Comments:
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Cara said...

yay! an update on William is great news! espcially since you were so upset earlier in the week.

btw, i love the cabbage patch doll photo... that's hilarious! but yet a bit deranged...

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Gail said...

William is adorable and looks healthy.
Gail

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger jen said...

That boy of yours is looking good!

I also have to say, the cabbage patch photo is fabulous!

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Agreed, that cabbage patch photo is great (and deranged). Hope that this wet week ahead of us doesn't add to your misery!

William's jammies are awesome, is that the set you bought for him?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home