gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Slides, Stairs, and Escalators

I've been having dreams lately. I wouldn't call them reoccurring dreams because each one is different but has some of the same themes. They all involve me needing to get somewhere but to get there I have to follow an exact path that involves going up stairs, up and down escalators, following moving walkways, and going down slides (or even up slides at one point). There are signs to follow, somewhat complicated signs, but as long as I pay attention I am okay. Sometimes it doesn't make sense, like needing to go up and escalator and then right back down another one, but unless I follow the right path, I am not going to get where I need to go. Eventually, I always get where I need to be.

And that brings me to the adoption process. All I have to do is keep following the path, whether it makes sense or not, I must stick to it. It will take some time but eventually I will get right where I am headed. I'll probably be tired and dizzy when I get there, but I will get there.

In the past when I have had reoccurring dream themes, the dreams always stopped as soon as I took the time to figure out what the dreams meant. That was not the case with this theme. Last night I had another dream about stairs. I was with Dylan McKay (you know, Luke Perry's character from Beverly Hills, 90210) and we were merely trying to get to the second floor of a building. We headed for the stairs but they were narrow and had no handrail. Marcus was with us in his stroller and I was really struggling to make it up the stairs. Dylan suggested we take another set of stairs. The next set that we came to were falling apart and we didn't think they would support our weight. We were off to the third and final set of stairs that led to the second floor. As I approached, two men that supposedly worked for my company were blocking the way, refusing to let me go. I tried to force my way but they stood their ground and I couldn't get where I wanted to be. I started screaming at them and panicking but they didn't budge and I woke up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home