gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, September 06, 2007

6 weeks, 1 day

That is how long we have been in PGN this time around. I know, not really that long in the big picture but that doesn't stop me from wanting out, in approved status of course. We got a case update today, the first from our new case worker. Due to the subject line I didn't even know it was a case update until I started reading. This was a good thing since I am currently fearful of case updates because they could contain potentially horrible news - not that that is going to happen so it is silly of me to worry. Anyway, I decided I already like this case worker better. The essence of the update was that we are still in PGN.

Our old case worker would have presented the information to us exactly like this, "Ann: I have a case progress report for you. Your case is still in PGN." That would have been it. Nothing else. Just that. Our new case worker told us that our case is still in PGN. She also went on to say that right now cases seem to be in PGN for about 8-10 weeks before they are approved and although there are no certainties, she feels that our file will be approved and that we should be out of PGN by the end of September. Woohoo!! I mean, it is just speculation and mostly speculation that I could have drawn myself, but for someone from our agency to tell us this and answer questions that we didn't even have a chance to ask yet, it was a treat.

Our new case worker also mentioned that she couldn't find in our file when we received our last medical update. I almost found this funny, thinking that it probably wasn't in there because... well, never mind. I am going to avoid saying anything more negative about our old case worker... for a second at least. I gave her that information, noting that the update was way overdue by the time we got it and how even this next medical update that we are expecting currently was from an appointment two weeks ago. Then I mentioned how we couldn't get a straight answer on why our medical updates were so far behind due to some past communication issues and perhaps she could spread some light on that. Wanna know what her response was? Yeah, so do I. I haven't heard from her yet. I guess I was expecting too much when I expected her to respond to our past communication problems with good communication.

Then there is Marcus. Yesterday he had an epiphany. It turns out that he is a big boy who can do whatever he wants and he can do it by himself. Therefore, there is no reason for him to answer to anyone whatsoever. Yeah, lovely. A simple wiping of his nose now requires me to pin him to the floor. Today, being the crazy mom that I am, I insisted that when we got to the parking lot of his day care Marcus hold my hand. Seriously, I don't know what I was thinking. He is Marcus, independent boy who doesn't need to do babyish things like hold hands. I took his hand. He protested. I held on. He fell to the ground and screamed his head off. (You know, because big, mature boys throw temper tantrums.) That was the end of him walking. He got carried to the car. While I buckled him into his car seat I explained that there are just some things in life you have no options about. You always wear your seat belt in the car. You always eat your vegetables. And you always hold hands in the parking lot. I am willing to bet that tomorrow when we reach the parking lot he is going to have forgotten all about our conversation and throw another temper tantrum.

1 Comments:
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Gail said...

Marcus must be 2 years old or close to it. That is such a "do it myself" age.
Your new case worker sounds great. Hope you get some good news from her soon.
Gail

 

Post a Comment

<< Home