gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

End of the Line

Music is awesome. I am always listening to something in my car and I love picking out lines that are relavent to whatever it is that is currently going through my head. Through most of Marcus’s adoption I kept singing the chorus of a Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers song Loco to Stay Sane:
“This ain’t not joke,
You gotta learn how to bend if you don’t want to get broke.
To keep your head in the big bad game
You know you gotta go a little loco to stay sane.”

This morning as I was driving to work I was listening to the Traveling Wilbury’s. Although the whole song, End of the Line, doesn’t apply, the first verse just made me giggle because it pretty much explained my life this week. (Sorry if I totally blow these lyrics but you will get the point.)
“Waiting around for the telephone to ring.
Waiting for someone to tell you everything.
Wondering what tomorrow will bring,
Maybe a diamond ring.”
Obviously I am not literally thinking that tomorrow will bring a diamond ring. I think the song originally was written that last line being “Maybe PGN approval” but that just didn’t rhyme so they had to get all symbolic.

I emailed out case worker last night to ask her when she was expecting to hear something on our case. She said that case updates are due out by the end of next week but of course she will let us know if she hears anything sooner. She better hear something sooner or else I will certainly go a lot loco.

During my typical stalking about guatadopt.com message boards, I found a post that someone from Adoption Supervisors contacted PGN yesterday. Apparently the computers were down at PGN on Monday but Adoption Services was told that cases submitted from July 26 and 27 were expected to be released yesterday or today. What happened to cases like ours that was submitted on July 25?? I know there is really no rhyme or reason to PGN. Right after that post there was another from someone who was resubmitted on July 12 and their case was still on the second reviewer’s desk. (I’m not totally sure of the work flow in PGN but I think it goes first reviewer, second reviewer, and then sign off by big head person.) So, that is all I really know, which pretty much comes down to nothing. I’m just going to continue to sit here waiting for my phone to ring and wonder what tomorrow will bring.


P.S. Just a little shout out to all my lovely Pgh girls who sent me emails and ecards of support and love and hugs yesterday. You girls are the best! I haven’t even met most of you in person but you are all so caring and know just when I could use a little more strength. Thanks! I am feeling much better today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home