gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, September 15, 2007

New Wardrobe

Marcus is now completely equipped with a new wardrobe. Earlier this week we were at the mall and took a quick stop in J.C. Penny's. I remember my mom saying that it is a great place to shop at the end of the season. Everything they had on the clearance rack was summer stuff but I stocked up for next spring/summer in 2T sizes. I'm not quite sure right now if these clothes will end up being for Marcus or William (or both) but they will certainly get worn. So I handed over $15 and in return I got 8 new shirts and one pair of shorts. I also found a pair of hard sole shoes for Marcus for $10. He still needs some practice walking in them so we only let him wear them a few hours each day at home to cut down on the number of face first into the floor falls he takes.

Then yesterday I came home to find a box on my front porch addressed from Grandma and Grandpa to Marcus. Grandma hit up some sales as well. I got the box opened and Marcus pulled out each item one by one.

Everything looks like it is going to fit great. He got a couple pairs of pants as well as a few shorts in 18 month sizes for the last of the warm days left this year. The shorts will certainly work double duty next summer when William will be wearing them.

Then there was today. Mega shopping spree for us this morning! We got up bright and early and headed to the biannual NPMOMs (North Pittsburgh Moms of Multiples) sale. I went in the spring and knew it wasn't something I wanted to miss this time around. Greg, Marcus, and I arrived around 8:50. The sale started at 9:00. I wish I would have brought my camera to show how many people were in line already! There had to have been over 100 people there and the doors weren't even open. We got in (the sale is held at a church social room) and headed right for the strollers. Unfortunately we didn't see the double stroller that we want so we are still going to need to purchase that. We did pick up an umbrella stroller though which should work great for our pickup trip to Guatemala. Greg spotted a wagon but just as I headed for it that was gone. I headed towards the book table but it was so packed I couldn't get within 5 feet of it. I attempted to look at the clothes at that point, trying to locate fall/winter things and pj's in size 18 month. There were so many people and so many clothes that I was having difficultly even being able to move the hangers along the rack to see what was hanging there. I grabbed a few things and headed back to the books. I don't even know what I was picking up but if it looked in decent shape and wasn't about princesses or ponies, I put it in my bag. Off to the toys I went. I found a truck that carries four little cars. Then I found a table with a bunch of puzzles. I grabbed up several of those since Marcus loves puzzles. I decided I better check out the clothes again, particularly since I saw one woman there who's giant shopping bag that we were handed at the door was completely overflowing with clothes. Clothes are really what we needed. Things had been picked through a bit at this point which actually made it much easier for me to find things that were appealing. There were just so many people. We had only been there for 30 minutes but so much stuff was gone! I just sifted through the rack and grabbed anything that said 18-24 months with long sleeves that wasn't totally ugly or not in good shape. Where were Greg and Marcus during all this? I really don't know. I saw them a few times, mainly trying to keep out of the way, and I would fling a few things I had picked up at them to hold periodically. Then it was time to hit the line, the really really long line, so we could pay. In the end we had purchased an umbrella stroller, 8 shirts, 9 sets of pj's, 1 vest, 1 2-piece outfit, 1 sweater, 1 bathing suit with a flotation device attached, 1 ball cap, 3 sleep sacks, 1 truck that has 4 cars on it, 11 books, 1 movie, 4 puzzles, and 3 zip-lock bags filled with Mega Blocks. All this for $82.75. Check out the loot! (Just don't tell Marcus and William about all the books, toys, and puzzles in that second photo because most of that is evidence that our Christmas shopping is almost done.)



Our neighbor who has twin girls was working at the sale. She informed us that the next sale is on March 29th. It is already on my calendar. I think I am heading to the next sale alone and going to let Greg stay home with Marcus and William.

We weren't done shopping. We headed off to Target. There were a few essentials that Marcus, our growing boy, needed. We picked up some new onesies in the 18 month size and some socks that won't cut off the circulation to his feet. We also needed to get him some more child-sized plates and silverware since we have been encouraging him to eat like a grownup. Actually, that is something I failed to mention. Instead of sitting in his highchair, Marcus has moved to sitting at the table for his meals. He is so grown up!

1 Comments:
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Glad to hear that your shopping was so successful! I envy your ability to bargin shop like that. I am easily stressed over crowds and sifting through stuff. maybe next year I will give you a shopping list!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home