gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Decisons, decisions, decisions...

These last few days I have been in this weird place. I feel like I have to make all these decisions, mostly over my emotional state. I am ecstatic that we are out of PGN!! I cried when I heard the news. I am also very angry about a few things I have heard recently about our adoption process. I have never been a pro at multi-tasking so I figured I better pick one. I'll drop the anger right now and just be happy and excited! (I think I can multi-task and be both happy and excited at the same time.) I also had to decide exactly how to deal with the issues that we are having with our agency right now. I am not one to just stand back and let things happen so going along for the ride was not an option. I have decided, though, to keep the issues out of my blog, at least for the time being.

Our case got approved by PGN on September 21st which means two weeks of waiting for "Pink" are already behind us. Our case worker said that right now it is taking about 7 weeks from "Out" to "Pink" which means that William should be home around the first or second week of November. I was really hoping we would spend Halloween in Guatemala this year since last year we were there adopting Marcus. Greg is hard at work on our new basement floor as I type in hopes to have that project completed and out of the way before the new arrival. We have a short list of documents we have to gather and I have a really long instruction list to make for my mom and Greg's mom while we are away to help make their stay with Marcus easier.

My poor laptop is currently broken which makes me sad. It should be fixed early next week but it means that all the pictures that I wanted to post in this entry will have to wait. In upcoming posts, you will be able to feast your eyes on the wonderful sweater I knitted for my friend Amanda's baby. Amanda had a fantastically wonderful baby shower today that I attended. Also, I'll get a chance to properly tell a funny story that can be enhanced by photos. Stupid broken laptop.

In other non-parenting and non-adoption news, Greg and I headed out for one of our few and far between evenings with just the two of us. We went to see one of our favorite bands, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers. I won't bore you with a lengthy concert review when I doubt anyone comes here to be inspired by my take on music. The band is from Arizona and a lot of their songs are about Mexico and the Southwest. Since Guatemala is in that general direction, I can pretend that the band was singing and praising that wonderful country as well. It was a great night apart from the fact that the show was in Cleveland which meant a 2.5 hour drive in each direction and us not getting home until 3:00am. I was up at 7:30 this morning and before I knew it I was off and running to Amanda's shower. So why am I sitting here posting a blog instead of in bed already? I have no clue.

A member of a group that I belong to for families who have adopted from Guatemala in the Greater Pittsburgh Area thought it might be a good idea to start up a playgroup for those of who have Guatemalan children. There are going to be two playgroups, one that meets on weekdays and one that meets on weekends. We are going to shift around where the playgroups meet so hopefully the people who want to attend won't have to travel really far every time. I am organizing the first weekend playgroup. If anyone who reads my blog has adopted from Guatemala and lives in the Pittsburgh area would like to attend either playgroup at some point, please email me at anniemwk6@hotmail.com and I will add your name to the invite list.

Finally, and this point should have been first not last, things are looking rather grim for adoptions in Guatemala right now. Until William is home we are still at risk that our adoption won't be finalized but I am hanging onto hope and faith that we will be safe and blessed. I have several friends who may not be as fortunate. I'll post more about this soon, either tonight or tomorrow, but for now please keep everyone involved in your prayers, particularly all the children that will have no chance for a permanent and safe home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home