gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

Will made a complete and total liar out of me. Yesterday we were picnicking with my family and I told them all about how he hates ice cream. The story was repeated yet again when my mom started handing out little ice cream cones. Marcus was eating one and Will was acting ever so jealous. In order to stop his insane jealousy over that which he did not have, a scooped a little bit onto the end of a plastic knife and braced myself for his cries when he realized what it was I was putting in his mouth. (Just to clarify, I was expecting him to cry about the ice cream, not about the knife I put in his mouth.) Thanks to his cheers over the fabulous ice cream, my family found every right to mock me.

I guess I made a bit of a gross overstatement when I said that Will hates ice cream. What I really meant was that he hates all gourmet ice cream that requires us to drive to the other side of the city to get and has an approximate cost of $5 per scoop. However, he totally adores store brand, low fat plain vanilla ice cream served on the tip of a plastic knife that comes with a price tag of roughly $2.99 per pint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home