gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

In like a lion, out like a lamb

Every year I try to give myself a pep talk come March with that saying about how it comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. (Is this really a saying or something my mom made up because I don't actually recall anyone ever saying it besides my mom and now I am saying it which is starting to scare me to death that I am becoming my mother.) Winter is sucking the life out of me. I haven't been myself for the past couple weeks and I am really hoping that a change in weather will lead to a change in my mentality. Poor Greg gets to hear on a daily basis about all my complaints and he surprisingly hasn't run for the hills. Marcus has even taken to asking me lots of times throughout the day, "Mommy, you happy?" That is the sweetest thing ever, but also makes me unhappy that I am so obviously not my spunky self that my two year old is picking up on it. If I answer him with anything other than a yes, he gives me a big hug and asks me if that made me happy. That always makes me happy!

No real point to this post other than to say that I am here and grumpy and tired and at a point where I feel like telling everyone about it. Surely things are looking up though. I have a girls weekend planned soon that I NEED. No kids, no husbands, no puppies, but lots of food and wine. Despite the fact that my lawn is still rather frosty today, tomorrow the temperature will be nearing 60 and it is supposed to hit 70 this weekend! Hmm... but then it will be getting close to short wearing weather and my mind is not ready to expose my legs to that.

1 Comments:
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Alethea said...

I'm right there with you. I LOVE Winter, but I am over it. It was thrilling that we got a 2nd snow here in NC, but I'm ready to open the windows & breathe life into this house and my soul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home