gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Slip!

Sunday afternoon Greg was doing some yard work and I was hanging out in the sunshine while the kids splashed in our little wading pool. I thought, "The only thing that would make this better is having some water spraying on me..." I did a quick mental inventory of the things we have on hand. We don't have a sprinkler, however, we just happened to have a Slip & Slide! Greg and I purchased it for ourselves right after we got married - just because our maturity level only slightly surpasses that of our children. We only used it once, but that was about to change!

Greg and I had to use the Slip & Slide first, you know, to make sure it was safe. Maya quite enjoyed being sprayed and jumping in front of us as we slid down the hill. Marcus had a good time but needed a push to get going. Will wasn't all that crazy about the water spraying in his face. Oh, and our Slip & Slide is extra awesome because it is a double racing Slip & Slide! I sure am glad our neighbors really can't see our yard...






It turned out that our entire family was in violation of the Slip & Slide rules and regulations. We were all either too young or too old to be having so much fun.


In other news, Maya was spayed on Monday. I was nervous and sad but she was fine. She stayed over night and came home pretty dazed and confused on Tuesday. By Wednesday she was back to her old wild self, which isn't really that good since she isn't supposed to be running or jumping.

I discovered yesterday that we have a ton of wild raspberries growing right in our backyard. Delicious! I can hardly wait to eat some. Or more, since I was just out there and happened to pluck one off and pop it in my mouth. Yum!

3 Comments:
At 9:13 PM, Blogger jen said...

I hope you have decent medical insurance.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Bethany said...

The one with Greg's arms in the air would make a great Father's Day gift all blown up. Love it.

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Cara said...

i'm with jen! that looks seriously unsafe!!!! but in a fun way!

that photo of greg with his arms up - Hilarious with a capital H! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home