gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, May 06, 2010

It's a Wrap... Up

A few things we have been up to lately:

1. Decided pretty much spur of the moment that we should cook our dinner over a fire in our yard. Greg stopped for some supplies on the way home from work and the kids and I got everything else ready. We had hot dogs, coleslaw (which was a result of me buying a head of cabbage at the store that I thought was a head of lettuce), Veggie Straws, and strawberries. What meal cooked over the fire would be complete without smores?


We thought it would be funny to give the pup a marshmallow cooked over the fire. We figured the gooey-ness would be much like giving a dog peanut butter.

It didn't give her any issues though. That is unless you consider acquiring a marshmallow soul patch an issue.


2. We went for a little hike at Mingo Park. (The pup took a dip in the creek.) The kids had a great time playing in this hollow tree.



3. We took a bike ride on the Montour Trail. Will rode in the bike trailer and Marcus graduated to riding his own bike. It took him about half the ride to get comfortable riding. At the start, there was a very elderly man walking in front of us and we were biking slower than he was walking. I didn't take any pictures. (Hard to ride that slow and manage a camera at the same time.) I did take this shot a couple weeks ago when we went for a walk on the same stretch of the Montour Trail.


4. Marcus's school had their spring concert. Very cute, of course. He was in the front row this time so I could actually see him. At the Christmas show he sat slouched down in the back and really didn't move. This time around he did most of the hand motions. His lips were moving but I am not certain there was actually any singing being done.


5. Took the kids bike riding on the street where I grew up. We don't have any great places at our house to ride bikes. It was fun for everyone, but particularly for me to see my boys learning to ride their bikes right where I did. (That's my parents' house, where I grew up, pretty much centered in the photo.)


6. That same evening, we got these photos in my parents' front yard. There is a photo floating around (and in my senior year book) of me as a child in this same tree, different branch though.



7. Finally, we have been doing a lot of just hanging out and soaking up the sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home