gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Getting Out... or not.

Tonight was the first night of the big kids' newest session of soccer. I was really looking forward to it, way more than they were. I really wanted to go. At this point in my life, having the opportunity to go anywhere that isn't a doctor's office sounds rather appealing to me.

Then last night Marcus had a fever. He had a bit of a cough on Monday that turned into a full on cold by Tuesday which then led to a fever by Wednesday night. My day started at 6:30 when I found myself doing a load of laundry consisting of phlegm induced barf covered sheets. Or maybe my day started much earlier than that since I had just gone back to sleep at 6:15 after being up to feed babies before that. Greg worked from home in our game room today while Marcus hung out with him watching movies all day in hopes to keep germs away from the little kids. (Not that it mattered much since Will was already beginning to cough and show signs of getting the cold.)

No soccer for Marcus tonight.

On to plan B. Marcus was going to the doctor at almost the same time that Will needed to leave for soccer. Greg would take Marcus to the doctor. I would somehow figure out a way to get Will, myself, two babies, and my mom (since I wasn't going to try this alone) to soccer.

I had no idea how I was going to pull it all off but I was determined to get myself and three kids out of the house and off to pick up my mom and onto soccer and only be reasonably late.

At 3:30 I started feeding the babies. I was hoping to be done by 4 but the babies weren't aware of my strict schedule so they took a little longer. Greg finished work at 4 and began throwing some food on the table, like the chicken I had the forethought to stick in the crockpot this morning because I am that awesome. (To the dismay of my friends, I also wear mascara these days too. I can't help it. It looks good with my Super Mom cape.) Once the food was served, it was time for Marcus and Greg to leave for the doctor so they grabbed some snacks instead of eating dinner and headed out. Will and I ate. Correction, Will ate. I shoveled food as quickly as possible into my mouth. I let the dog out. I wrapped up Marcus's and Greg's plates so they could eat dinner later. I used the bathroom. Aaron cooperated by sleeping soundly on the floor through all this. Sean slept while I jostled him around in my arms and dropped chicken bits on his head through all of this. I decided I better get my shoes on and then start getting Sean and Aarron into their car seats. Shoes were on. With mere minutes to spare, I turned around and Will, sitting there chewing his chicken, looked at me with a rather blank expression on his face, opened his mouth and vomited phlegm mixed with his entire dinner onto his dinner plate.

No soccer for Will either.

So much for getting out of the house today.

And Marcus has pneumonia.

2 Comments:
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Abby said...

oh my...the life of a mommy...eww!! I hope that your two big boys get better soon and don't pass it on to the rest of you!!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Valvira- the creative mum said...

Its amazing what we can do when we have to. I feel for you as I have been there many times before and I am sure we will be there again.
Try not to let your batteries run out! Don't forget to look after yourself and I hope the kids get better fast!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home