gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

So Big

Aaron had a weight recheck at the doctor's today. He has gained 9 oz in the past week putting him at 5 lbs 1 oz. I can't believe my little pine nut is over 5 lbs! (FYI, he's a pine nut because he was smaller than a peanut when he was born.) The doctor said that he is gaining great and has even found his way onto the preemie growth chart. Barely. But he is at least on it now. Sean still looks huge compared to Aaron. His weight wasn't checked today but I know he is growing. I have given up on trying to fit Sean into preemie sized clothes. Newborn size is still too big but that is what he is wearing.

Things are going really good. Greg was off work all last week which was amazing. The plan this week was for him to work from home and I could pretend he wasn't here and just call him to help if I really needed him. However, it looks like tomorrow he will be heading into the office. Getting both babies fed is still pretty hectic and there is lots of crying. (Babies crying. Not me.) Feeding is frustrating as well since Aaron isn't quite proficient enough at breastfeeding to give up the bottle. So feeding time results in me breastfeeding two babies and then trying to hold Sean (who insists on being held most of the day) while I finish feeding Aaron with a bottle. My mom - my mom is amazing - is still taking care of Marcus and Will and getting them to and from preschool daily. There is just no way this family of ours could function without her daily assistance. Today I took both babies to the doctor all by myself and managed just fine. Go me. We are all finding a way to make this work.

Marcus and Will continue to be great big brothers. Marcus has a cold which results in me being excessively paranoid that Sean and Aaron will get sick. We explained to Marcus that if the babies get sick, they will have to go to the hospital. He has been really great about staying away from the babies and making sure all his coughs and sneezes are covered and directed away from the little guys.

We have a ton of pictures but haven't uploaded them yet. Here are some we have uploaded.

Marcus and Sean


Will and Aaron


Marge (Greg's mom) and Sean


Ron (Greg's dad) and Aaron


My mom, Sean, and Aaron


My dad and Sean


First time I held both babies (Aaron was still in the NICU)


Proud Daddy with Sean


Has anyone seen Aaron?


Sean

1 Comments:
At 1:50 PM, Blogger K Blue said...

Annie, your family is just too beautiful. Thank you for sharing the photos. Such handsome boys you have! I'll be keeping you in my prayers as you continue to adjust to having all of your boys home at last!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home