gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ho Ho Ho



We took the kids for their annual picture with Santa at the mall on Sunday. We weren't sure it was going to be something we could accomplish this year but we made it. My sister told me that our local mall has complimentary wheelchairs so the first stop was customer service to pick one up. I don't think I could have made the trek to Santa's post in the middle of the mall without someone pushing me there. I don't feel that I really look that pregnant sometimes, particularly when I am sitting down. Apparently I am wrong since one of Santa's elves asked me if I was planning on having this baby before Christmas. Nope, technically still have 7 more weeks to go and there are two babies. All this happened while I was sitting in the wheelchair with my purse on my lap. Later on in our trip I had another lady comment to me that I just looked exhausted. I have pretty much avoided all the pregnant lady out in public attention I hear about since I don't really go out.

The Santa visit was fantastic! I set out several outfits for the kids to pick from that I felt were winter/Christmas appropriate, so their attire was pretty much all their idea. Will was shy for about 2.3 seconds and then he was over it. We even had to wait in line for a little bit and both kids were very patient. Marcus and Will jumped right up on Santa's lap and the first picture that was taken was a success! The only downside is that Marcus and Will both suddenly decided they needed to ask Santa for a dump truck in addition to their other requests. I am thinking Santa doesn't have time to make any more dump trucks to add to our already large dump truck collection. The items that Marcus has consistently been asking for are race cars, a race car track, and a Steelers shirt. Will has just been asking for race cars. This is the first Christmas in a couple years that trains haven't been at the top of the lists.

After photos we headed to the food court. It was Will's actual birthday after all. Nothing says birthday celebration like dinner at the mall food court! I don't know if maybe I was just happy to be out of the house and not at the doctor's, but the entire outing was so nice. The kids were so well behaved. We had some great conversation. And everyone had fun!

3 Comments:
At 8:55 AM, Blogger RD said...

Glad you were able to keep up the tradition!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Kris said...

Glad that you were able to take them, that picture is awesome! Hope that you guys have a great Christmas!

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Alethea said...

I'm glad you guys were able to have such a nice day together. What a (much needed, I'm sure!)change from your recent days!
Also, Marcus looks like he's gonna smile himself into oblivion. :)
It's a great photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home