gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Recap

Here's a couple things that we have been up to...

- Soccer! Both kids are now playing soccer once a week. It is a very informal group of 3-4 year olds. They split the hour up into several sections where they play soccer skill games or just have the kids work on some sort of skill. Marcus has been loving playing for the past year and we decided it was time to give Will a chance at it. There is a big difference between the listening skills of the 4 year olds compared to the 3 year olds, but Will is doing a great job and loving it. Just wish I had the energy to go watch them play more often instead of choosing to stay home and rest.

- My belly and the babies inside are still growing. For all the fears that my doctors and I have had about complications and preterm delivery, things are going amazingly well. One baby is measuring completely average in size and the other baby is huge - measuring close to the 80th percentile for growth. I do have some tall people way back in my family tree so maybe he is getting his genes from there.

- All four of us have had the joy of experiencing this nasty cold that seems to be hitting everyone right now. We are feeling much better, but still doing lots of nose blowing.

- We had a really nice Thanksgiving. Could have been nicer had my cold stayed away for a few more days. We had dinner at my sister's and everything was yummy! The best part was just getting to spend time together as a family.

- Greg and I took a breastfeeding class at the local hospital. We told the kids that we were going out and Grammy would put them to bed. Marcus asked if we were going on a date. Hmm... Greg and I out alone without kids talking about my boobs... Yes, I think it was a date.

- This deserves a post all on its own so maybe I will elaborate more another time, but I just want to throw out there how proud I am of the progress Will has been making at school so far this year. My two kids are drastically different in their view on school-type activities. Will is just way more interested in playing pretend or doing sports than he is in the details it often takes for many educational activities I can come up with. As hard as it is for me, I feel I have done a decent job at encouraging his strengths and the things he loves, and not pushing the things I think he should be doing/learning. At some point I realized forcing the things I wanted him to know on him was just going to be ugly for everyone and decided I would leave that up to a good educational system. Every time he brings projects home from school or even just tells me details about his time at school, I am so proud of him for how much he is learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home