gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

New Toy

I got myself a new toy - an early Christmas present perhaps. I have been saving up for it for almost a year. And you ask, how does one save up for something when one does not even have a paying job? Well, let me tell you. First of all, I spent Greg's money, which is really my money anyway of course. My credit card has a reward program that allows me to earn amazon.com gift cards. So, all that grocery shopping landed me with a bit of a savings (as long as I spent it at amazon.com). From time to time I also participate in online surveys that earn me points that I then can trade in for gifts or prizes, or in my case, more amazon.com gift cards.

So, what kind of toy did I get myself?

No, I didn't buy a corvette with amazon.com gift cards. (Although my dad once bought a vehicle with spare change.) But just look how crisp and clear that photo is! That is because I took that photo with my new camera. It is a Canon Digital SLR camera. Don't ask me anything else about it because I don't have a clue. I've only made it a short way into the manual and haven't really ventured out of the automatic modes yet, but I am still loving it! I've taken a ton of pictures while laying in my bed (which is where I can often be found these days). So nice that I can practice and just erase those photos of my ceiling fan. I did venture outside for about 20 minutes last week before I became completely exhausted just to play around with it. Nothing too exciting, but thought I would share some aspects of our yard (and one indoor shot) through the lens of a decent camera.









I have to say that it is totally true that you really do repect the things you have to work to get. Yeah, I probably could have just whipped out that credit card and bought this camera months ago but I was commited to "saving" for it. I was so excited when it arrived that I just sat with the box on my lap for quite awhile enjoying the moment of finally getting something I have been waiting for. Then I opened it up and freaked out at the amount of buttons on the thing that I still have no clue what to do with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home