gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Kids: The Crime Fighters

I am sure you have seen that movie - or all of them - where the unsuspecting beautiful woman gets into her car and up pops the bad guy who was hiding in the backseat. Every time I get into my car, I play the part of the beautiful woman (of course). I'm smarter than the women in those movies though because I always check the backseat of my car for the bad guy before I drive off. I'm paranoid. Or I used to be. Shortly after installing those last two car seats in my car when Sean and Aaron came along, I realized that all those kids were keeping me safe. A bad guy would have to be an insane guy to think he could hide in my car. The back seat is off limits as there is really no room with three car seats back there and a floor covered in books and toys and a diaper bag. Marcus's seat is in the way back and there is some cargo space back there for the bad guy to hide in. However, in order to try to get to me up there in the driver's seat, he would have to climb over the back seat which is filled with car seats. So thank you young children of mine for keeping bad guys out of my car.

But their crime fighting doesn't stop there! My kids also keep me safe in my house as well. Based on the all the toys that are constantly laying around in random places in this house, it is like Macaulay Culkin has been permanently left home alone here. Currently if a bad guy tried to come in my front door, he would trip over Aaron's shoe that he pulled off and left sitting by the door. Then said bad guy would get tangled up in two Cozy Coup cars before finally landing with a thud into a ball pit. If the police didn't get here fast enough, surely the bad guy would realize that this house contains little more than a bunch of brightly colored kid's toys and he would leave on his own. Plus Marcus assures me often that if any bad guys do come around, he will fight them off with his light saber.

Thank you dear children of mine. You do the community a service just by being in this world. In many ways.

1 Comments:
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Cocktail Lady said...

Haha, boys are great! We have 2 boys and 2 girls and boy are they fun! Cheers!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home