gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Toothless

Another event in January I forgot to post about...

No, this is not a post about how Sean is nearly 14 months old and still doesn't have a single tooth and Aaron has 7. This is a post about my BIG kid Marcus and his teeth. Or lack thereof.

Back in October when Marcus went to the dentist, the dentist pointed out that his bottom two teeth were loose. I had no idea. At first I was shocked that there was something going on with Marcus that I wasn't aware of. Then I remembered that he isn't my little baby anymore and I don't brush his teeth or stick my fingers in there. Thinking back to the days when my teeth were on the verge of falling out, I recall it being a cool thing, a status symbol almost that you finally hit that monumnetal moment when teeth fall out. I recall having a loose tooth and ripping that sucker out just so I could show everyone. Marcus is not me. That kid pretty much ignored his loose teeth. Had it not been for Greg and me wiggling them periodically as per the dentist's instructions, those teeth probably never would have fallen out.

As it was, it took almost two months before the first one was really ready to make its exit. One evening, just after the first of the year, Greg reached in there with a paper towel and came out with a tooth. Marcus was a little shocked at first.



But slowly he realized the awesomeness of losing one's first tooth.




It was so cool that a couple days later, he didn't mind much at all when Greg reached in and grabbed another tooth out of his mouth. I'm sure the lure of another visit from the tooth fairy played a part as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home