gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Friday, August 24, 2012

Staycation 2012 - Day 4

Day 4 - Presque Isle
Presque Isle State Park in Erie, PA was our big trip we planned. It was a long 3 hour drive. We left early in the morning and didn't stop until we were just about there. Thankfully the big kids were happy playing their video games and the little kids slept all but the last few minutes of the ride. I read somewhere that Sara's was the place to eat, right at the entrance to the park. So we ate lunch there. Hot dogs were their thing but I wasn't really impressed. Then we were off to the beach. I decided that Beach 11 was the one for us (concession stand, bathrooms, changing area, wide beach, shallow water). I've only ever swam at lake beaches a handful of times. I was dumbly surprised by how quiet it was. In my mind I was thinking beach = ocean which is loud with all those crashing waves. Aaron just wanted to swim (he was trying to inch his way back into the water while this picture was taken). Sean just wanted to play in the sand. Marcus and Will were up for a little of everything!
IMG_1668
I didn't get too many pictures at the beach because I was worried my phone (which I used to take all the pictures on our staycation) would end up in the lake. Plus, we were just having too much fun to worry about pictures. While the big kids built a sandcastle with Greg, I took the little kids back to our towel area so they wouldn't destroy it. I think Sean was trying to take the beach home with him.
IMG_1684
IMG_1676
IMG_1679

There are two lighthouses on Presque Isle. One is really old and the one everyone seems to know about. The other is on the north pier. We took a walk out to the one on the north pier. It was not that interesting.

Then we headed for Greg's parents' house which was about an hour away and on our way home. We begged them to feed us and they complied. It was nice to visit with them and also nice to be able to break up the drive back home a bit.

I would love to go back up to Presque Isle again. What a fun place so close to home! Maybe next year we will be ready to brave an overnight trip so we can spend more time exploring and less of the day just driving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home