gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, July 29, 2006

DNA On Its Way!

Things have been busy busy busy in our lives lately. So busy that I haven't had a chance to give the latest update!

I got a temporary promotion at work which means lots more responsibility and a little more money. It also means lots more hours that I have to spend at work. After putting in 12 hours on Tuesday, I was rather spent but stumbled into our home office to check my email. Around 4:45 our case worker had sent us an update! I am accustomed to checking my email every couple of minutes and started kicking myself immediately that I hadn't had time to check it for hours and there had been an email about our adoption in there.

Our file had been resubmitted to PGN with the updated medical report on July 12th. I am quite happy about this even though I know it will get kicked out again because the DNA was not finished. I am just slightly confused as to why the information is so late getting to us. On July 17th we got an email telling us that our file had been kicked out the first time and that it would be resubmitted "by the end of the week". However, our file had already been resubmitted by the time we got the email. PGN is supposed to have a file reviewed and some sort of verdict about whether it is accepted or there are previos (errors) with it within three business days. The two big complaints about PGN are that they go way over their three day time limit and they kick things out for previos that they seem to make up on the spot.

The big news is that something is brewing with our DNA. We don't quite know what yet. Our case worker sent us a form that she wanted us to fill out and fax back ASAP, within the hour if possible. As I mentioned the email was sent at 4:45. I didn't look at the email until after 9:30. I begged Greg with what energy I had left in me to take me back to work yet again. He convinced me I should just go to bed and fax it in first thing in the morning since no one would be looking at it or doing anything with it at 9:30 at night. Of course I didn't sleep at all and got to the office close to 6:30 the next morning to fax it in.

The form was credit card information for the lab that will be performing the DNA test so the lab can charge us for the test. As far as we were told, as of Tuesday we didn't have the DNA authorization. There was some bit of paperwork that needed to be redone because it had expired (which tends to happen when the DNA authorization was supposed to be done MONTHS ago). That paperwork was to be redone any minute and as soon as it was, they wanted to have our credit card information on file to move on with the test. Greg checked his credit card statement online on Wednesday and it had already been charged for the cost of the test. Unfortunately this doesn't mean much. Apparently we pay, then the DNA kit is delivered to the doctor to perform the test, and then the test is actually scheduled to be done. I just keep trying to remind myself that every step, no matter how minor, is a step closer to getting Marcus home.

And now I must be stepping out. I have to head back to work... on a Saturday evening. It is all for Marcus though! Any extra money I make from these extra hours is going right towards bringing him home to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home