gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Monday, July 03, 2006

Case Update! New Pictures! And a name!

I have been getting pretty good at keeping secrets. It has now been 10 days since we got new medical information and pictures and I haven't mentioned it! I was getting rather depressed, just knowing that our little boy was growing and changing so much and we couldn't even get pictures to document his changes. Then there they were. Things must have gotten held up at the pediatrician office in Guatemala because two Friday's ago we got medical reports and pictures for both May and June. I cried when I saw the email, before I even opened it. I was just so relieved and excited.

Everything looks good. Perhaps I am biased, but I really don't know how someone could look at his picture and not fall in love with those big brown eyes and those cute cheeks. The doctor's report said that he is growing and gaining weight well (in Guatemala, they tend to have fat babies). He is up to 13.7 lbs and 22 inches long.

We waited to share this information because we wanted to surprise our families with it first. We had a belated Father's Day celebration yesterday. Both dads got one of the new framed pictures. I also planned an art project. I have discovered lately that a nursery isn't a nursery unless the child's name is spelled out on the wall. Several of the family members helped to paint a letter. When we were all done we put the letters together to spell out his name. And what will that name be?

Marcus!

We are naming our son Marcus Enrique. (Enrique was the name his birth parents gave him.) If you want to see all his new pictures and the art project, check them out at http://www.gkline.com/photos/?album=Marcus%20Pics%201

--Annie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home