gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Family Court

So I have a confession. I have been a bad mom. I was being so good. I was so up to date on everything that was happening in the process. I knew what needed to be done and what was done and what was coming up next. Now that we got the picture of our little angel, I end up thinking about him way more than I think about the process. I dont know what is next! I keep meaning to look at our flow chart that our agency gave us but then I get distracted and forget again. I just know that at this point there really isnt anything for us to do but wait, so in a way I dont want to see all the list of steps that other people need to take care before our son gets home. Here is where we are this far though:

Our POA (Power of Attorny) was received by the agency and sent to Guatemala. Our file has been submitted to Family Court. And our attorney is also preparing the DNA file to submit to the US Embassy for DNA authorization. The DNA test must take place to ensure that the woman giving our baby up for adoption has that right. This can take up to a month, although I am slightly nervous since it has been a week and we havent heard anything yet. It is probably nothing but I worry anyway. The good news is that while we are waiting for the DNA test and results, our file is also moving through Family Court at the same time.

--Annie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home