gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Mini Update

Although we are still waiting on updated medical information and photos of Alejandro, we did get a mini update on Monday. Our POA is currently in Guatemala being registered and translated. That is it. That is the update. I was hoping for something more exciting than that, like maybe even family court already. I guess the important thing is that something is happening.

On the home front, Marcus and I have been exploring some new activities. Yesterday we met Cara and Max at the library near Cara's house for Baby Books, a program they have there for infants and toddlers. They have a similar one at the library in my neighborhood but normally it doesn't mesh well with our schedule. It was such a wonderful program, filled with songs and books. For the first time ever, I saw a different side of Marcus. Turns out my kid is shy! He hasn't spent too much time with that many kids before, and there were a lot of people all crammed into one room. I was feeling a little shy myself. It was quite a cute side of him, having him crawling into my lap and hiding his face in my chest.

There was a woman there with her son. I am pretty sure that her son was Guatemalan. I just couldn't figure out the right way to approach the subject though. I mean, what if I was wrong? There is always that slight chance this this fair skinned, light haired woman could have biologically produced a black hair, dark skinned child. The woman did speak to me, just asking how old Marcus was and such. It was almost as if she wanted to say something too but didn't know how to cross that line. I have plans to return to Baby Books quite frequently so hopefully I will see this woman again and somehow it will come up in conversation.

Today Marcus and I headed over to hang out with Amy and Heather. Heather has most definitely grown since I have seen her but she is still quite the peanut. Marcus checked her out for a minute and then he was ready to go exploring and attempt to get into trouble. It was a nice quiet afternoon, great to see Amy, and great to get out of the house as well.

Tomorrow we are off to meet another baby, and on Friday it is back to Rainy Day Play Center with several others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home