gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Passport and No More MoMo

We just got back from the post office, getting Marcus his passport so he can go meet his little brother. I didn't realize it was going to be such an ordeal. Both Greg and I had to be there so going Saturday was the only option. We got there right after a family of four who were also applying for passports. The waiting began. It is not necessarily a recommendation of mine to attempt to hang out in a small, crowded space with a baby right before said baby's nap time for an hour. Marcus did really well considering the circumstances. Everything is submitted and I am worried of course. We had to mail his Certificate of Citizenship and his original birth certificate, both of which will be a huge, never ending battle to get replaced if something were to happen to them. Plus, the woman at the post office wasn't completely sure if we had all the right documents. AND, no one really knows for sure what Marcus's name is at this point. (His social security card, birth certificate, and Certificate of Citizenship are all different.) Who knows if we will ever get his passport.

We are way overdue for an update on Alejandro and it is really getting to me. I emailed our case worker last Wednesday, asking where our update was. She said that there were a few families waiting for updates and ours should be there that day or shortly after. Then I got another email from her saying that she is going to be on vacation for a few days. Grr... I just want to know what is going on with our little boy and our case!

My friend Amanda sent me a link the other day to an article in the Post-Gazette about problems with adoptions in Guatemala right now. I read the first sentence of the article and realized that I know the family that is mentioned in the article. I met the woman and her son at the Baby Books program that I have gone to the last couple of weeks. I have been agonizing about how to approach her. He son looks very Guatemalan to me but I didn't want to just come out and say something just in case her son was biological and just took after her husband (who I have never seen). I am so excited after reading this article! Not only do we have so much in common right now (she is currently in the process of adopting a second child from Guatemala), but now I have finally found my way to approach her. There can't possibly be anything offensive about asking her if there happened to be an article in the paper that mentioned her family.

In other news, plans for Marcus's birthday are well under way. I am excited and sad all at the same time. Doesn't he know that he isn't allowed to grow up??

I mentioned in a previous post about MoMo, the group that I was intending to go with to the zoo. As of April 1, I will no longer be a member. Whoever runs the group has decided to have a $20 annual membership fee. That is just outrageous. I definitely don't get $20 worth of fun out of the group. Besides, there are plenty of mom groups in the area that are free.

1 Comments:
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Hey, if you wanted some free MoMo I could have left him behind last night :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home