gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Number Three, Finally

About 2 weeks ago now I was convinced that Marcus was finally getting another tooth, one of his front upper ones. He had all the signs. He had a runny nose and there was even a mark on his gum that I was certain was where this tooth would be coming through. Then mysteriously, it all disappeared. Today however, I am 99.99% certain that he is getting a new tooth. It is not the front upper which would be the "right" tooth to come in according to all the teething order charts I have ever seen. Instead he is getting in a lower tooth. He is definitely part of this family. We never do anything according to the book.

All that patience that I claimed I had in getting Alejandro home is gone. I want him home now! In some ways, the wait this time is easier because I know that he will be home and that when that happens, I will quickly forget all the hours I spent waiting for him to get here. Knowing all that doesn't make time move any faster though.

Yesterday Marcus and I headed out to Rainy Day Play Center for some good old fun. Last week it was like a switch was flipped and suddenly he has become very cautious and shy. When we were there last, I set him on the floor and he scooted off to find some toys. This time, there was no chance of getting him off my lap. It is so cute to suddenly have a little snuggler and I know it is just a normal phase, but I still worry how his urge to cling is going to effect things when he is headed off to day care here.

Today we are expecting some visitors. Although it is a little dreary out, the temperature is decent so maybe I can convince some of the visitors to go to the neighborhood park to take a ride on the swings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home