gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Perfect Day

Yesterday was just such a perfect day. It started out when I checked the weather when I woke up in the morning: sunny and 72 degrees! It couldn't be better. Marcus and I had breakfast and then we headed up to meet my mom. (She rides with a friend of hers who also has a daughter in my area. Then I pick her up so we can hang out.) Mom, Marcus, and I all headed over to the library where we went last week for story time. We got to see Cara and Max again. Marcus was feeling much more brave this time and was being more social. (Last week he was hiding his face and wouldn't leave my lap for a second.) My mom enjoyed the story time too.

Then we rushed out of there and headed for the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium! Cara introduced me to a mom's group in Pittsburgh called Modern Moms of Pittsburgh (MoMo for short). They were having an event yesterday where the group got to meet and pet a penguin. I wasn't sure I really wanted to go to the zoo with a big group anyway, but with the perfect weather, there was no way I could pass up the chance to spend some time outside. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember where the group was supposed to meet. I took a guess and guessed wrong. So, we didn't get to pet the penguin, but we still had a fabulous day. My mom hadn't been the zoo for years and I just love the zoo! Some of the animals weren't out yet since it is still early in the season. I was a little bummed that we didn't get to see the giraffes but mostly wondered where they were. Where do they hide giraffes? Marcus mostly was content hanging out in his stroller. His favorite things about the zoo were the mini-homosapiens (i.e. kids) and the Dippin' Dots. We did run into a friend of mine Jen and her little boy. They were there with MoMo and had gotten to pet the penguin. Jen didn't act as though we really missed much. The only bummer about the day was that I forgot my camera. Marcus was able to stay awake through the whole trip but was asleep before we left the parking lot.

The only thing missing from yesterday was an update in Alejandro. I think we should be getting one soon though. Keep your fingers crossed that we get some good news!

1 Comments:
At 10:35 AM, Blogger jen said...

Seriously. Where were the giraffes?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home