gkline.com

the homepage of gregory and ann kline

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Affair

I can't believe that I am going to post this on a public blog but I really feel like I need to get it off my chest. I have already confessed everything to Greg and even Amanda and Cara know all about it at this point. I just really feel like I need to come clean so I can move forward with my life.

I had an affair. It was planned and everything. After five years of a completely committed relationship I cheated. Worst of all, it was tonight. I just had enough and I needed to do something different, to see how it would feel. Then Greg took pictures of it.

No! Not an affair like that! What were you thinking! It was what Amanda called a "Hair Affair".

I started seeing my stylist when I first moved to the area about five years ago. I followed her through four salons. She did my hair for my wedding even (which I hated). There were bound to be some ups and downs in our relationship over the years but after my last cut, I had enough. I went in and told her to trim it up a bit and just make sure she put in some layers because I hated my hair one length. What did she do? She cut it one length. Even after she claimed she was done I told her I would like some layers and she said that if she gave me layers at that point my hair would just poof out and look strange. Oh, it looked strange alright.

I got the number of Cara's stylist and finally was brave enough to make an appointment for this evening. I no longer live in the area of the city that I was in when I first started seeing my old stylist so getting there was even a big pain. Cara's stylist, Mandi, is located 2.3 miles from my house. I left 10 minutes before my appointment and got there early.

Mandi was such a joy to work with - or to be worked on by. She was so careful making sure that each hair was in the exact right place, not rushing so she could get out of there or on to her next customer. We chatted and laughed (and laughed at stories about Cara) and before I knew it, I had transformed into this!

(Don't be scared. The bat isn't real.)

Now before you go getting too excited, do remember that this hair was styled by a professional. I will never ever in a million years get it to look like that again. Starting tomorrow, it will be wavy and weird but for tonight, it looks great!

* * * *

As it turns out, pretty much all my friends at this point in my life either have just had a baby or they are pregnant. There are constantly doing this weird thing where they take pictures of their bellies to show off how big they have grown. I have never done this. Here I am, just a few weeks of having my little boy in my arms and I don't have a single belly picture to show for it. That was until now! Here is my belly shot, just a few weeks before the newest family member arrives. Yes I am sucking it in and apparently when I suck my belly in it makes me stick my chest out.

3 Comments:
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Cara said...

now THAT is hot!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Hey, what a hot mama you are! You can totally replicate the style at home too dear- you just need a flat iron. Put it on your Christmas list ;o) GREAT cut! I think the Hair Affair should turn into a long term relationship.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger jen said...

Dang, you're looking hot! And this adoption has made your boobs look great, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home